The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NA to Turbo, Harness Question

So, im working on converting my G-GSX to Turbo.

I pulled the G-GSX ECU harness and layed it out next to my 91 GVR4 harness.

I was looking over both harnesses to see if I could rape some connectors from the G-GSX harness to the GVR4 harness, just because some of the turbo harness connectors are damaged.

Anyway I notice an extra connector on the GVR4 harness that is not on the G-GSX harness.

G-GSX

GVR4

Anybody know what the hell that extra connector is for? (Im pretty sure the Big one is for the Gauge cluster)
Do I even need it to make my conversion work properly

Last edited by a moderator:

tsiboy

its probably an interior/dash harness. could be cruise control maybe some other factory option the gsx did not have, abs maybe??

Quote:
maybe some other factory option the gsx did not have, abs maybe??

Ya ABS, my G-GSX does not have ABS.
I did not even think about that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

IncorpoRatedX

you will find a few things...

alarm, ABS, boost gauge, tail light wiring may be different and then of course underhood connections.

I can't wait to get this thing running.
I'm just waiting on the Machine shop to finish the head, then the long block can go in.

And a military buddy of mine is machining/modding a set of OEM Evo8 cams for it as well. (the right way)

Should be a nice DD

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
What did you do with your last green VR4? Part it?

Took everything that could be used off of it and scrap'd the chassis.
Too much rust, not enough time.

However the rebuilt engine that is going into my White GGSX came from that VR4.
not to mention the Wiring Harness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

1990ggsxnj

Hey Dave, seeing as I will most likely be doing this since every vr4 I go to buy is either taken or falls through, interested in any progress you have made since last year. Any good news?!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned