The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

finding the other end

dsmtalontsi95

Bought a vr4 a while ago and I'm having a hard cold start situation. I beleave it is the a wire off of the t-stat. It's a black wire with a yellow strip, It's broken and I'm having a hard time finding the other end of it. From the t-stat I have the wire for the stat and the conector and about 4 inches of the black/yellow wire. Where does it go?

ktmrider

Here is a pic of the sensors in the t-stat housing:

Which one of these is missing a connector?
First guess is the ECU temp sensor ( #2, 2 wires ), if it's not connected or bad it will cause starting problems plus run in open loop all the time.

Last edited:

dsmtalontsi95

^yea that is the one. What part of the wirring harness does it go with?

toybreaker

iconoclast

Those wires run in the harness that runs along the top of the tranny to the underside of the t-stat housing.

A little work, and you're good to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think I still have a few of the pigtails left.

Pm me a shipping address, and I'll get some in the mail on monday.

dsmtalontsi95

Sorry I was wrong. I told you the wrong sensor it's number one on your picture. Also I was wrong in the color wire, it's yellow with a green strip.

ktmrider

^^ Ok that's the temp gauge in your instrument cluster.
One wire with a regular ole spade connector will hook right back up.
Commom for folks to remove when running an aftermarket temp gauge.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned