The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbonetics manifolds

89coltgt

Do these t3 manifolds have any fitment issues at all on the 4g63s as far as ports lining up or is this just a problem with the knockoff manifolds? Also, do they have any issues with cracking?

89coltgt

How long does a genuine turbonetics manifold tend to last? I ran across a decent deal on a new unused one that I was thinking of picking up for the hx40.

i have 1 been great so far but hasnt been on long either and had no clearance issue

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting 89coltgt:
Do these t3 manifolds have any fitment issues at all on the 4g63s as far as ports lining up or is this just a problem with the knockoff manifolds? Also, do they have any issues with cracking?

I have never seen the cast ones crack.

dsmless

I run a cast t3 mani from slow boy racing looks and spools quick on my gt2876r the problem was that I had to grind off about 1/16 inch off the turbine housing to make it clear the front balance shaft I didn't like this but it works good so the hx40 is a toss up with fitment, you might have to grind on the turbine housing to make it clear, or even the block

bazeng

I had one with a GT30.
There are issues with the GT30 exhaust housing hitting the block so you'll need to get a different exhaust housing (FORD). SBR knows about this issue.

Anyway, they are solid and heavy.. I haven't seen one crack either. I did have boost creep problems though so I went for another manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned