The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My New AMS VSR Intake Manifold

I just picked up an AMS VSR Intake Manifold with a BBK 75mm Throttle Body. I am heading back to Tuning Technologies either saturday or the following week for a retune on the built motor and the new Intake Manifold.

More Pics Here click

1131987.jpg

Looks very nice. Quick question, at about how much hp should someone consider upgrading their intake manifold?

^ Pretty sure the recommend that manifold for GT35 and larger... Nice piece!

1gnasty

dam i want that manifold for my car

JB

Quoting TheBoz:
I am on a GT37r/T67 = DSM88HTA

Boo yeah... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

JSchleim18

It's gonna be a pretty nasty setup once it's done! Great job so far! You should really consider a build-up thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

streetmasters

is that a fruit cake, or coconut??

Last edited:

Looks good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
What are the specs on the motor?(in case i missed it)

2.0l
Stock Crank
Eagle Rods
Ross 8.3:1 Pistons(Tops, and Side Skirts Coated)
ACL Race Series Rod and Main Bearings
Mitsu MLS Head Gasket
Crower Springs and Retainers
ARP Head Studs

JB

Buff that mani for max bling bling.

blacksheep

Quoting Mark:
Nice!

Awesome manifold I got one just like it in the garage =)

FOUL - 10 points for calling AMS parts room your garage! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

That'll get you out of the 12s for sure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As long as I get a little faster I am good. I am going to tune for max power, but will turn the boost down for the race track and learn how to drive first. I am going to have to look at a twin plate clutch pretty soon, and maybe an aluminum drive shaft. The trans is going to need a good rebuild also. 240k on the curren trans.

As long as the car continues to get faster I will be happy. I will also have a lot more RPM with this build. 9k instead of the 7.5k now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts