The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM projector fogs

Wilfongtsi

Getting close to getting 1061 together, I am going to be running JDM bumpers front and rear, my question is about the fogs, Did the JDM's have a different switch than ours? I should have the right switch but can't find it at the moment, when are they on with the switch? Can both lights on each side be on at the same time? Anybody have any wiring diagrams on this? Thanks in advance.

I wired my inner fogs to the park light with relays ofcourse & the projectors to the factory fog harness & switch. I think there's a how to.

cheekychimp

Driving Lights are supposed to come on with high beams, and fogs operate off a separate switch on the dash. I just wired both lights in the fogs to come on together with a relay previously but this time around I will probably run a separate switch for the driving lights or go back to the original OEM configuration and have them come on with the main beams.

CP

I wired the fogs to a PWR switch from an auto trans car mounted in the stock spot by the mirror switch.

Wilfongtsi

Thanks for the info, I will prob wire the fogs into the stock switch and add a switch by the mirror switch for the others.

bustedsm

I have the projector part wired in with the normal driving lights and the inner ones with a switch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Works perfectly fine!!

cheekychimp

Quoting Wilfongtsi:
Thanks for the info, I will prob wire the fogs into the stock switch and add a switch by the mirror switch for the others.

Is there no room on the USDM dash for the JDM fog switch?

JSchleim18

I could have sworn we have those in our cars? mine has it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

cheekychimp

Makes sense, USDM cars still have fogs right? So just wire the fogs to the OEM switch and dig into the driving column stalk wiring and splice the main beam into the driving lights. Done deal!

CP

I'm pretty sure I've seen a photo of the JDM switch on this website. Instead of one big button, there are two smaller buttons.

deez

what do you guys do about turn signals?

H05TYL

Quoting CP:
I'm pretty sure I've seen a photo of the JDM switch on this website. Instead of one big button, there are two smaller buttons.

nope, both pre and post facelift JDM's have the same foglight switch as that posted above.

The pre-facelift fogs are on or off, simple.

The facelift fogs work thus:

When switched on only the 2 projector lights come on (with the park lights), if you also have the headlights on low beam, they come on too.

However, if you switch to high beam, the 2 projectors turn off, and the other 2 non-projector lights turn on.

Just been outside and checked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, and the facelift fogs have glass lenses and are damn heavy, pre-facelift their plastic and weigh much less.

I don't like installing unnecessary items in the cokpit. As far as I know the factory foglamp switch is the same for every market. Simply wire up one set to the factory switch & splice the other set into the park lights or high beam or low beam. There really isn't any need for an additional switch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Each lamp needs to have it's own relay however as they draw a lot of current.

cheekychimp

Actually Ryan, my rear wiper button is on the other side of the steering column. I forget what button accompanies it.

Paul.

H05TYL

it's the same as in the pic above, the fog lamp switch is next to the dial for dash brightness.

the rear wiper switch is on the other side of the steering column, and is paired with the rear demister switch.

cheekychimp

Quoting deez:
what do you guys do about turn signals?

Sorry mate, I missed this. On the JDM cars the corner lights are our indicators. That's why some are single bulb. I don't know enough about the different models and configurations but I wouldn't mind betting that all JDM single bulb corner lights came fitted on cars with the JDM headlights that have what you guys call 'city lights'. We call those side lights.

Wilfongtsi

Are the city lights in the headlights like todays version of daytime running lights or do they flash like turn signals? I figured they just lit up like marker lights? I ask this because with the JDM front bumper and projector fogs the U.S. cars will lose our front bumper marker lights that are in between our headlights and fogs.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts