The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car throwing TPS code, why?

stealthtt24

All of a sudden the car is throwing a TPS code 14. It won't register any % on dsmlink, and I checked it with an ohm meter and it seems to be in spec. The car has also now started idle surging when warmed up and I come to a stop. FIAV is blocked off and the BISS has been adjusted correctly and the throttle body has been cleaned. Anyone have any advice as to why its throwing this code? Yes, its plugged in. Oh and the black ISC measured around 40 ohms cold. Thanks! Mark

Rausch

Check the connector (for loose/broken wires) as well as the wiring itself.....That would be my next guess.

Hertz

Staff member
Maybe we can find the pins on the ECU for the TPS and see if there is a reading there.

stealthtt24

Checked the wiring at the TPS, its fine for as long as I can follow it. That would be a good idea, should I check the pin coming out of the ecu at pin 19?

click

does ur car hunt at idle. my gsr used to sound like a rotary at idle. bwap..bwap..bwap.. i found that i was geting a tps fault on the dignostics multimetre.

A reading of "0" would tend to indicate that the TPS has lost the +5 volt power to it. Either that or it has completely opened up.

stealthtt24

Nope, I took the motor out and sold the chassis with the wiring. If it throws a tps code when I put the motor in the galant, ill let you know.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned