The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A/N Fittings for 90 Oil Filter Housing

I was hoping someone might know the type/size of fittings that are required for the 90 style oil filter housing to use AN fittings and braided lines for an air cooled oil cooler. I remember reading somewhere that you need to get metric to AN adapters for the cooler, but I don't know what size.

If anyone could chime in on this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

That or re-tap the holes to accept non-metric fitting. I redrilled and tapped it to accept a 3/8 NPT and used 3/8 NPT to AN-6 adapter.
Mike R.

CP

Search. There are a couple old threads that have parts lists and tell you exactly what you'll need.

slugsgomoo

definitely. I have the links to every an adapter you need at summit in one of my posts, and it's easily found with the search. Including a good cooler it's like $150, though you might need a bit more -8 line than i spec'ed depending on positioning.

atc250r

Staff member
Search in the How-To section. My post should be in there with part numbers I think.

John

atc250r

Staff member
That's the way I suggested in the thread I told him to look for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well I've got everything ready to go except I don't have a gasket for the filter housing. Is the gasket for the oil filter housing the same on the 90 and 91+ models? If not, do you know the part number of the gasket for the 90 housing? My local Mitsu dealer/parts dept. only can look up parts with the VIN # of the car (which of course I don't have).

Thanks,

Chris

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts