The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Profec B ash tray install

VR4coop

I recently picked up a profec B from Garfield Wright and decided I wanted to mount it in the ashtray. I believe powerplay has the same setup. I took some pictures so you guys can see how it came out.

I pretty much cut everything out of the way to make the profec fit. I then used some epoxy glue to re-attach the outer face to the body of the ashtray. I put a bead of it on the top cross bar and let it set. It sits in just the right spot & angle all by itself so don't worry about that. You also have to grind down the small nub inside the ashtray. Then cut out the rear to fit on both the ashtray and the housing that it sits in. I then just used some velcro double side tape to adhere it to the ashtray.

Thank You
Clint Cooper

JSchleim18

wow I am extremely jealous...I was thinking of doing that with my Profec but didn't find a way to make it look good

I hate when people do stuff like that and its jagged or crooked. That looks very clean.

powerplay

Here are some more pictures of how it is done. I did this last summer and it has worked out very well.

very cool Clint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. I haven't seen Scott on in a while either, hope you guys had a nice Holiday season

I did that with a turbo timer a couple years ago

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned