The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

injector clips

boostx

So I was working on GN and notice how the injector clips are so easy to remove. I went hunting for a set and got lucky. The nice part is they are numbered.

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Those look familiar:

injector-plug.jpg

DSMotorsport sells them but they are like $15 each. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/uhh.gif

Injector Clips

They are under new ownership so I don't know if they still stock them but that is too pricey anyway. IIRC, they are made by Dorman (the company that makes nuts, bolts, clips, and other assorted automotive stuff). I bought them from DS when the old owner was doing an inventory reduction sale for like $20. It was definitely money well spent.

John

JSchleim18

don't the 2G's have no little metal clip lock? would they be the most ideal?

atc250r

Staff member
Yeah, they have to be squeezed to be removed. These are just really easy to get. I tried to look it up on Dorman's site but they are having some database problems.

John

spartan

I got mine from machv... here. I have had them for a year and they are awesome, very easy to remove.

Last edited:

boostx

Quote:
Those look familiar:
DSMotorsport sells them but they are like $15 each. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/uhh.gif
John

dammm thats what i paid for all 5

Polish

Quote:
don't the 2G's have no little metal clip lock? would they be the most ideal?

Thats what my 1g has and they are awesome. So much easier than stock to remove and install. I thought you could buy the 2g plugs but maybe the PO just cut them off at a junkyard, either way it would be well worth it.

strokin4dr

^+1
The 2g N/T plugs rock! Also, there is no need to cut and slice when you use them, like the ones shown above.

Wizardawd

Also if you are jy hunting...dont forget the 3.5L Dodge motor. Intrepid, Vision, LHS, etc....has the same style clips as the 2g. Plus they usually aren't raped of their harness like 2g's are and they're 6 of them.

Wiz

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I put the 2g type on 855. Cut off the current ones and crimped on new terminals to keep it neat with no solder.

strokin4dr

Quote:
I put the 2g type on 855. Cut off the current ones and crimped on new terminals to keep it neat with no solder.

I don't understand why you would want to crimp or solder any of the wires for the injectors. With these, (see pic) all you have to do is de-pin the two wires and insert them in the new clips. Plus, they look and function much better that the other ones being discussed in this thread. I just don't get the whole "cuttin up the harness" way of swapping clips /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/uhh.gif.

CP

Quote:
I got mine from machv... here. I have had them for a year and they are awesome, very easy to remove.

I've got the same ones. You have to spend a little time wiring them up, but it's very easy.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Well Ryan, I know you have a lot of experience with this, but the GVR4 terminals were not identical and did not fit properly in the 2g connector body IMHO. Had that same idea initially but didn't work for me.

Quote:
Quote:

I don't understand why you would want to crimp or solder any of the wires for the injectors. With these, (see pic) all you have to do is de-pin the two wires and insert them in the new clips. Plus, they look and function much better that the other ones being discussed in this thread. I just don't get the whole "cuttin up the harness" way of swapping clips /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/uhh.gif.

Last edited:

boostx

Also the wires may be brittle.

belize1334

I just pulled the wire clips off mine after the first one cracked the plastic when i was changing to evo 560s. Since then I've been 10k miles on this baby and never had one even act like it was gonna come loose. I just check them when I check my oil and there's never been a problem.

atc250r

Staff member
I was having some intermittent connection problems with one of my injectors so rather than swap the "pins" I chose to replace the connectors and several inches of wire on each. A proper solder and heat shrink job with 100% new connectors is better than 16 year old wiring with 16 year old "pins" and new connector bodies.

John

strokin4dr

Quote:
Well Ryan, I know you have a lot of experience with this, but the GVR4 terminals were not identical and did not fit properly in the 2g connector body IMHO.

It is not EXACT, but they do lock in place and will not pull out. It anyone wants to try it, you will not be disappointed.

Quote:
Also the wires may be brittle.

You've got me there. If mine were brittle, I guess I would have had to replace them when I freshened up my harness. Fortunately, the only wires on my harness that were trash were the ones on the t-stat housing.

CP

Quote:
I was having some intermittent connection problems with one of my injectors

Experiencing what sort of symptoms? Was it throwing a code? I still haven't been able to track down my intermittant code 44...

atc250r

Staff member
Mine would start misfiring. Usually it would be fine for normal street driving but when I'd go to the track and really hammer it I'd get a dead miss in one cylinder. It did it a bunch of times and never kicked a code, finally it did it for a long time on my way home from work and I got an injector code IIRC. I rewired all the injectors and the CAS too since its wires were kind of shitty.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned