The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Energy suspension master kit question

jepherz

Staff member
I ordered a master kit for a 91 Mitsubishi Eclipse AWD from Energy Suspension Parts. According to their description shown here, they list "subframe" as part of the kit. Said part number is 54105 and contains 4 sleeves and 8 bushings and is meant to cover the 4 main points of the front subframe. That's it, no other bushings are in included for the rear subframe.

Unluckily enough, my rear bushings are what are really shot and in dire need of replacement. For those of you that have replaced these bushings or dealt with Energy Suspension, did you find the proper part from them or did you end up going elsewhere?

The arrogant bastard I dealt with on the phone basically spent 5 minutes telling me how I was wrong cause he didn't want to listen to what I was saying, then told me the only way to talk with their engineering department was to email them pics etc. which will probably take days for them to respond. Hopefully someone can chime in here.

Does anyone even make poly bushings for the rear? I wasn't aware of any out on the market.... YET! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/cool.gif

Quote:
Includes:

- Front Control Arm Bushings

- Rear Control Arm Bushings

- Front Subframe Bushings

- Front 20mm Sway Bar and End Link Bushings

- Rear 20mm Sway Bar and End Link Bushings

- Tie Rod End Boots

Polish

And the issue is the front sway bar is 21mm and the rear is 19mm. So the fronts go on REAL tight and the rears are a little loose unless you really tighten the clamp.

The front control arms bushings are good.

The rears are the control arms and trailing arms. I didn't put them in but they seemed good, I just sold the car before I got around to it.

If you read the Vfaq there was said to be some issue with the front subframe bushings but you could install them in place of another up front and it fit. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

As for the rears, Shearer Fab makes some aluminum ones but they are VERY spendy. I think most just get a new OEM subframe with new bushings.

You can try Whiteline or Noltec for the subframe though, I am pretty sure one of them makes them. Although it's supposed to need shims depending on rust and such.

Here are 3 bushing threads I saved.

Bushing Post
Bushing Post
Bushing Post

All those should be archived imho.

Last edited:

boostx

I am the process of getting poly bushing made for the rear subframe .
It will be a few weeks before its done.
I went thought the same problem with mine when i swap the subframe on galant.

jepherz

Staff member
Quote:
Quote:
Includes:

- Front Control Arm Bushings

- Rear Control Arm Bushings

- Front Subframe Bushings

- Front 20mm Sway Bar and End Link Bushings

- Rear 20mm Sway Bar and End Link Bushings

- Tie Rod End Boots

That change was actually just made to their website because of my questions on the subject. Before it just said "Subframe Bushings".

img.php

Last edited by a moderator:

jepherz

Staff member
Anybody know where I can buy this "window weld" stuff? It's starting to sound like it may be my only option....

cOmpressor

Ya any auto parts store near the adhesives.

Wizardawd

Usually runs about $10 per tube. Takes a while to set and cure too....

Question, I have a set of FWD front subframe poly bushings. If trimmed, can they work in the rear?

Wiz

boostx

How may people would be interested in these bushing for the sub frame.
Quote:
img.php

You'd probably have a bunch of people interested if the price was right.

BTW, Noltec is not producing the subframe bushing anymore. It's been discontinued.

Wizardawd

Anyone know if this guy still makes his bushings?

click

Wiz

curtis

Actually wiz these bushing above were what started this. John needs bushings. Paul had a set of these above from the dsm tuners thread that he carried in his suitcase to me. I then carried them to John. John was going to have a set made for himself but has desided that the polyurethane would be a much better route. I'm sure real race cars wouldn't mind the vib etc that the polyethelene delievers but John does and is having a mold made and doing all this to cover the mold process . That way he doesn't take a huge lick and everybody benefits. I just got him measurement so that the mustache brace bushings will get replaced at the same time. Doing my part to make Vr4's ride better everywhere. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

Wizardawd

Well....i'm rdy for everything they make. Money in hand.

My 4-bolt rear is cleaned and painted. Just want new bushings b4 it goes in.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts