The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HKS VPC

I am thinking of running a VPC on my car and was wondering wether I can use Greddy E-manage with it or is it just an SAFC that I have to use. Is it worth using in general?

464/2K

do not use the E damage. save your self the hustle and get either DSMlink or a chip from key diver with a SAFC.

The E-manage is a bad idea huh? What do you think about the VPC in general. I have an safc chipped for my 780cc injectors and a 2g mas. With the turbo I have it does not like to idle at all.

Quote:
The E-manage is a bad idea huh? What do you think about the VPC in general. I have an safc chipped for my 780cc injectors and a 2g mas. With the turbo I have it does not like to idle at all.

A vpc will make your car idle worse. BUY a dsmlink!

atc250r

Staff member
A properly set up VPC will idle fine. Mine has been in my car for 2 years and it idles great. I've never heard anything good about the E-manage but I have no first hand experience with it. However, my VPC/SAFC works great, idles well, I even drive it to work through NYC/Manhattan traffic a couple of times a month with no problems.

John

dewman

Quote:
personally, i think dsm link is a pos

Please elaborate

1gnasty

Quote:
personally, i think dsm link is a pos,but thats just my .02, vpc works great

.02 aren't worth sh!t, explain why link is a pos?

4orced4door

Yes, elaborate, as I just sold a VPC for a 3G MAS / DSMLink...

BoostedAWD91

Quote:
Quote:

A vpc will make your car idle worse. BUY a dsmlink!

A VPC will not make ur care idle worse at all unless u have it completly outta wack or not installed correctly. i ran one for years and never had a problem

Rausch

if you're looking for blow thru options, the maft pro is very nice as well. definitely more tuning than chip/safc, but probably on par or a little more in depth than VPC. just another option for ya...

I had an SAFC before making the jump to DSMLINK. With this and an AEM WB I was able to go much faster and smooth out my fuel trims. +1 Go with Link. Look for people upgrading to AEM EMS and see if you can get it cheap.

dewman

Slugs was saying one day on the IRC that dsmlink/VPC would be a good combo

Armitage

My car never idled properly or had very good throttle response with a VPC/GCC no matter how hard I tried to adjust it. I'm so glad I got rid of it.

atc250r

Staff member
I think the GCC is the problem, not the VPC. Everyone I've heard of running the VPC/GCC has had some problems with it.

John

Nate

I've used VPCs for years, and they definitely have their place, but it's getting harder and harder to find them with decent harnesses and good sensors. MAP sensors will eventually wear out, and HKS isn't interested in supplying them anymore, apparently. The temp sensors are NLA. You can still find the sensor harnesses fairly easily, but finding an ECU harness is getting nearly impossible.

The DSMlink is a great tool, and the user tunability is a great aspect. However, if you've set up your car to use speed density, trying to switch back to the MAF setup isn't the easiest. I don't trust the 1st gen of MAFTs much at all, but I hear that the MaftPro is much better, though I have no experience.

The VPC can let you go very fast without having to tune very much, as long as you don't mind that it won't let you tune much. (+/- 12%)

Polish

And while the thread isn't about Emanage I will defend it since I've seen first hand 2 people go very fast with it. Both have 1g's and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Scientist

^^Likewise, i've seen a lot of cars setup on e-manage and e-manage ultimates though very were DSMs and the owners loved them. esp since the Ultimate has the launch control and offers the ability to change out the maf to go Speed density. Together with a wideband sensor its loggin capabilities helped people create base maps relatively easy. But there are a few 3kGTs and Evos using e-manage's for speed density. It also has the anti-stall feature for VTA with MAFs

Last edited:

I have a VPC/GCC combo, and it idles decently. It's my daily driver, and I have a 550 chip, with 680 PTE injectors. I run really rich at idle, more than likely due to the fact I am running a Supra TT pump and a stock FPR. My only complaint with the combo, is you can't fine tune it well enough. The DSMLink definitely gives you more tunability, which would be great in conjunction with the VPC.

And with all of this power (50 trim, 23psi, SMIM, FMIC, Ext WG, etc.) and I still average about 24 MPG.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts