The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

o2 sensor!

adamvr4

i need an o2 sensor and i was told i should get the one from the dealer instead of the universal. the oem one is $180 and the universal is about $80. Whats the difference? let me know what u guys think, and what i should do.

buy the bosch or denso, preferance to the denso for me. there is no real reson to spend for the dealer unit.

mikus

I'm running the DENSO with no problems, chose that in the same situation you're in. IIRC it was just a bit taller than OEM - made for a tight fit with 2G 02 housing where it comes out toward the alternator. $55 at rockauto IIRC.

JNR

I got an awesome deal on a Bosch (friend worked at Napa + they had a big rebate) and have been pretty happy with it...If I had a choice, I'd probably go with the Denso, but as long as it's not some chinese e-bay thing, you should be alright and always avoid the dealer whenever possible /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/laugh.gif

G

Staff member
Go with the denso or ntk (factory) i can get you either one plug n play for cheap.

steve

+1 for G, he hooked me up with an O2 sensor FTW.

TWEAKD4

Or get OEM parts for cheaper than dealer pricing click

TWEAKD4

Question for those with the Bosch and Denso. Are they 4 wire or just 2?

JNR

I'm pretty sure mine (Bosch) is the 4-wire variety, but will have to confirm.

dewman

i checked on jnz,they dont list any 1g or 2g o2's,but im sure they can get one at an awesome price though

TWEAKD4

It is listed on JNZ in a weird spot. It took me a while to find it yesterday. They are under engine/powertrain control/powertrain control/oxygen sensor for $112.32 each. They must have gone up because the last time I bought one they were about $90/each. I may have to try one of the Denso/Bosch units.

brisvr4

I bought a Denso unit from oxygensensors.com.
Plugs right into the stock location.
It was about $56 shipped in the US.

Quote:
+1 for G, he hooked me up with an O2 sensor FTW.

+1 on that AND a year after i received it I realize that he sent me a 2g o2 sensor he got me an exchange even after a year. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts