The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mach V Motorsports Monster Turbine Housing, any experience?

It is time for me to replace the shaky original 14b and I want to stay with a Mitsubishi based turbo to retain the same routing. Has anybody tried the Mach V Motorsports Monster Turbine Housing?

click

Looks like it would flow well and might refrain from cracking. I was considering pairing it up with an Evo III 16g CHRA from Forced Performance:

click

I wonder if it would hold up better than and/or flow better than an FP Evo III Big 16g? Or should I just buy an FP Evo III Big 16g...I am looking for Mitsu based and in the max $700 price range. Thanks!

Just get the Mitsu OEM Evo3 16g turbo. Don't waste your money upgrading the exhaust housing on a 14b cause... it's a 14b. I don't think any of the current 14b or 16g record holders were on the MachV unit, if it was worth it I'm sure they would have had it. IMO

Also the MachV unit just looks like a bullseye housing and it also looks HEAVY as fawk, the oem evo3 16g hot side is nice and lite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Posten

Get the Stock MHI E3 unit (like Digit said). No need for a big flapper. Have a quality porter take it (along with a 2G exhaust mani and 2G O2 housing) and that turbo will pump 400+ HP, setup properly of course. BoostinHard is the man when it comes to getting the most out of the E3 setup.

It will also last you for 100,000 miles.

Stock Mitsu is the way to go.

dewman

Bishop, you know you want one of these bad boys /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/rofl.gif

Brianawd

Stock mitsu

CutlassJim

The new style 18G from Forced Performance also looks like a good choice.

Thanks for the feedback, gents. That 18g does look interesting, but the E3 16g sure is tried and true. Terry, I don't have a porter near me. Does anybody have an opinion on the porting work that FP does?

Rausch

^ yep. SHIP IT to Boostin Hard. you will be very pleased with the results. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, gents. That 18g does look interesting, but the E3 16g sure is tried and true. Terry, I don't have a porter near me. Does anybody have an opinion on the porting work that FP does?

I would contact Tom_N on here and I think Joe is even on here and asked them their route. I don't think they sent them to anyone special for any work, just came straight from FP.

Alright! Ship the FP E3 Big 16g and o2 to one of the porters on our board. I have heard Boostin Hard's name a few times...

Go with a 2G o2 or an E3 o2?

Of course, I will then knock the turbo apart and send all components in for cryo treatement before installation.

Terry Posten

Cryoing the turbo may not be worth it. I don't know thou. If you really want to be trick, send it to Mircoblue Performance in Rockford, IL. He can cryo it and Microblue coat it. The best anywhere.

click

Chris Beran (boostinHard) in in Dixon, IL, dead middle of the state.

I would go with the 2g O2 because a standard 1G/2G down pipe will work. If you get a E3 O2, it has a different exhaust angle to the downpipe.

Thanks, Terry! Man, I cryo almost everything. I have a little over 120,XXX miles on a set of rear rotors and calipers and still have plenty of life left and never been turned. I read an article years ago in Turbo magazine about a hot rod tractor puller that got 3 events out of a turbo before is was trashed. He knocked it apart and sent all the pieces to be cryo'd and at the time of the article he was on like his event # 300 or something crazy like that. I will have to see if I can find the article...

Thanks for the tip on Microblue. I will look into that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned