The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Holley adj. regulator?

johnnyRacer

I was just wondering should I even bother with it. Its the Holley Fuel Management unit. After I read on their site this unit is to be used with the stock regulator. I've had this thing for sometime now and just thought I could run it alone without the stock regulator until I read this.

http://www.holley.com/512-505.asp

my mods:
chip
3g mas
650cc
255 pump (rewired)
full 3" exh no cat
holset hx40 (not installed yet)

What do you guys think?

Wizardawd

Remember though that the main problem with the OEM regulator is that you cant keep the pressure down to a suitable level due to the small passages. The Holley unit would be just fine on a NA car that needs a little extra fuel system pressure from adding a bolt-on turbo kit.

Otherwise, spend the same money (holley is $215) and get an aftermarket one to completely replace the OEM one.

This is the one I use and recc.

http://slowboyracing.com/estore/product.php?productid=5961&cat=85&page=1

Wiz

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Buy a proper regulator and not that "add on to the stocker" nonsense. If I were you, I'd avoid buying from Slowboy, their bad guy thread here speaks for itself.

John

Last edited:

JNR

Yeah, I haven't heard too many good things about the Holley regulator working on these too well...be better off with an Aeromotive, or equivalent.

Holley makes good stuff (used to at least), but this particular part just doesn't cut it.

johnnyRacer

I kind of figured this particular regulator was a crap shoot. I was only considering it because I already had it. I bought this thing many years ago when I first got into imports. I was going to use it on my conquest but, never got around to it. I just wanted to know was it worth the trouble since I paid $175 for this thing back then. Holley is good company and they offer another regulator.
http://holley.com/512-504-5.asp

But I'll probably go with this one.
http://www.importevolution.com/product_info.php?products_id=1620

OldHairyBastard

it could still work but 4:1 is too high. A lot of people still use this with good success. you will still have a good base idle on stock regulator and when the stock one lets go this one will kick in and hold it only during boosted duty. These units still come with tubo upgrades and Vortec also has then with their supercharger kits. If you need to fine tune your idle you will have to go with a fully adustable model though. Just my 2 cents.

"This add on upgrade is ideal to be used with aftermarket
turbo and Supercharger kits that require additional fuel pressure volume as the boost pressure increases. "

Even with NO PLATES in it, it increase the boost pressure 3:1, which still won't cut it. You MUST use a 1:1 AFPR with our cars. As discussed in another FMU thread, these things are for cars that didn't originally come with turbos. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/wink.gif

johnnyRacer

Good stuff., thanx guys. I'll just buy a fully adjustable unit. Hey, Doug have you been back to the Import Wars at Great Lakes.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts