The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch engagement ( more pics )

boostx

Is this enough movement for clutch engagement and disengagement?
The second picture is with the clutch pedal to the floor

Last edited:

CP

What's happening? Did you just replace the clutch? Is the slave boot leaking fluid when squeezed?

boostx

The tranny was just replace the one I took out was extremely hard to shift.
Also the clutch was not 100% disengaging when the clutch is press.
I will be changing the clutch later today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif i should have did it when i took the tranny out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Last edited:

CP

Everything was adjusted correctly, and it was still hard to shift? So this trans is currently OUT of the car?

boostx

yea we tried adjusted it was still engaging when the clutch is press.The tranny i just put is shifting fine as per the original user.

boostx

nope

OldHairyBastard

You might need a master and slave. Also you can use a thick or a couple of thin washers behind the pivot ball to help out with the disengagement issue and or an extended rod. I had to install a new master, slave, hard clutch line, 2 washers & an extended rod to make my shift feel stock and disengage fully.

Jason G.

Those copper crush washers on your turbo oil feed line work good for shimming the pivot ball. I thought I was the only one to swap a tranny then immediately replace a clutch after getting the tranny done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

boostx

I will shimming the pivot ball with two cruch washer.The cluch did not a come in yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

boostx

this is what the clutch and the PP look like

Last edited:

bazeng

bent fork?

i just changed one out yesterday, the fork had broken in 1/2

from memory, there should be slightly more movement in distance than the pic..

did the slave bleed okay?

cOmpressor

CP

I'll sell you one for $20 shipped. I used it for a few weeks until I figured out that the slave rod wasn't my problem. It's in mint condition.

Quote:
this is what the clutch and the PP look like

In the third pic down- from looking at the PP and the "wear-ring" you have on the tip of the fingers looks like you also may have a bad TB.

CP

...the TOB with the plastic sleeve that wraps around the shaft (easy there Steve...take a deep breath).

SleepinGVR4

Quote:
Always use new Throw Out Bearings when you replace your clutch. Only Mitsu.

Why only mitsu? I got one of South Bends clutches and used their TOB. Was that a bad idea?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned