The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Brake line fittings for Ron big brake upgrade

jepherz

Staff member
Does anyone know the part numbers I need to use stock lines w/ the Camaro calipers? I know people have mentioned two pieces that you need, but I can't find any links to the actual parts or anything.

atc250r

Staff member
I didn't use the stock lines, I got two #3AN lines (made by BCE) that were about the same length as the stockers (maybe 9 inches?) and got adapters for each end. If you need the part numbers I probably have the receipts at home.

John

They are 90's acura integra lines and they go straight from the caliper to the hard lines on our cars.

atc250r

Staff member
That's one way to do it but its hard to find just a front set of lines and to expensive to buy a set of four when all you need is two. Either way it'll work.

John

jepherz

Staff member
Hmm, I'd like to get the part numbers from you John if you wouldn't mind. Anybody know if the acura lines are the same on all 4? It would be easy to sell off the half I didn't use if that were the case.

Luke

I believe I used 95 civic front brakelines.
I got them from fastbrakes.com

atc250r

Staff member
I'll do my best to get them tonight.

atc250r

Staff member
Despite the pile of receipts that is so large it pains me to see them and think of the money I've blown on this car, I can't find that one. I went to the website of the place I bought them from and came up with this list:

EAR989534 - Earl's Tubing Adapter -3 to 10mm x 1.0 Female - $3.96 from Behrents x 2

EAR997631 - Earl's -3 AN Banjo - 10mm hole diameter - $6.29 from Behrents x2

BSC #3 Hose x2

I think the hose I got was 9" but you can just check the length of a stocker and add a little bit to it. I don't see any 9" hoses in the list so you may have to call them to order it. BTW the place I linked to is a performance warehouse that is local to me and usually has better prices than Summit or Jeg's. Its a great place to deal with since its smaller than the other two places and the owner is almost always in his office right behind the front counter. They do mostly circle track stuff but they have any kind of AN part you might ever need in stock. The lines are not "street legal" but if they're good enough for a Dirt Modified they are good enough for me.

John

jepherz

Staff member
Thanks a bunch for the part numbers, both of you. Can we add this to the how-to section?

jepherz

Staff member
As an update for those who are trying to piece this kit together, I ordered the banjo fitting and metric to AN adapter that act250r had mentioned above. However, I found that the metric to AN fitting had a concave mating edge, which doesn't do much when mating to a male, flared brake line like the stock line. I found the correct part to be Earl's 989545ERL and got it through Summit here. In any case, what you're looking for is an Inverted flare fitting on the female side.

Luke

I don't understand why folks would not just use the 95 civic FRONT brakelines as I mentioned in the FAQ section ( and also in this thread ).
It is only 65 bucks for the pair.
And there's no part wasted, because you can buy JUST the FRONT lines from fastbrakes.com

/ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
I did mine the way I did it because I couldn't find the front ones by themselves.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned