The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Old clutch fork vs revised version?

mistaVR4

Hey,

I was hoping maybe someone has a picture that shows the difference(s) between the old and revised versions of the OEM clutch fork? I'm getting ready to slap on my trans with a 2900 PP and I def. want to make sure I've got the new one. Does anyone have any recommendations for an aftermarket fork that would be worth upgrading too over the revised OEM?

Thanks in advance!

-Steve

mistaVR4

Awesome Cy! Thanks bro... It looks like the one I have is the revised version so thats good, do you think that it will hold up to a 2900pp? I've also looked for a billet fork, I think Taboo used to make them or Machv? But I can't seem to find them.

I've also had trouble deciding whether I'm going to use my ACT TOB or go by a Mitsu one, I've had bad luck with the ACTs in the past so I'm thinking to be safe I'll get the Misti...Didn't you have some problems with the ACT TOB?

CP

The revised stock fork should be fine. I'd recommend the plastic-sleeved Mitsu TOB...and a new pivot ball.

The broken fork there is the old version, and happened a few months after I bought the car on a cold snowy morning in the middle of an intersection.

Polish

The NEW Act TOB's and the Mitsu TOB's are supposed to be the same from what I've been told. They might have been different in years past but as of a couple months ago ACT told me they are the same. I have had no issues with my stock clutch fork and ACT 2900. Nor any issues with the ACT TOB.

mistaVR4

Yeah, I'll do the Mitsu TOB..Thanks again man.....

rustednut00

The NEW Act TOB's and the Mitsu TOB's are supposed to be the same from what I've been told. They might have been different in years past but as of a couple months ago ACT told me they are the same. I have had no issues with my stock clutch fork and ACT 2900. Nor any issues with the ACT TOB.
Do you happen to have the part number for that revised TOB?

gvr4ever

A ACT 2600 broke my stock clutch fork. I've heard the 2900PP is actually lighter, but I personally have zero experience. I personally hated the 2600 and would never do it again. I have driven cars with a 2100 and that's not too bad.

Using a puck clutch now and it's super light. Not going to lie, they stuck till broken in. They are louder than a street disk, but calm down after being warmed up a little. Cold clutch is a chatty Cathy.

Unless you are currently making over 350HP/torque, or will be very soon, I'd just get a 2100 and have a reasonable street disk that doesn't suck for DD duty.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts