The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help, wire colors??

Hi!!

I need your help right now, you know those sensors which are on the thermostat house?? I need to know which wires goes to which sensors, can someone help me with this?? I don't need the wires to the AC sensor... only those wires on those 3 sensors on the thermostat house!!

Also, what color has the wire that goes to that switch on the "thing" where the gas wire is?? That switch is pressed in when i don't touch the gas pedal, do you know what i mean??

Thanks allot // Wolfy

Last edited by a moderator:

holeshotmoe

The "thing" is probably your Closed Throttle Position Switch. Wire is green.

Other sensors...
Below is the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor. Wires are Green with black stripe and Yellow with green stripe

Next is the A/C Engine Coolant Temperature Switch. Wires are Green with red stripe and Green with black stripe

Here is the Engine Coolant Temperature Switch for the radiator fan. Wire is Blue with black stripe

The last one is for the temp gauge. Wire is Yellow with green stripe.

Last edited:

OK!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Yes the "thing" as i called it was the Throttle Position Switch!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you wherry much for this!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Regards // Wolfy

Last edited by a moderator:

I was wondering about this sensor:

Do i need that one if i don't have my AC anymore??

There was somewhere here on the board where i was reading that it just turns on the fan that is on the "front" of the car (AC fan) it dosen't turn on the real radiator fan for the engine... is this true??

Thanks // Wolfy

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts