The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

alignment specs

I just had my car aligned at my local tire shop but its still pulling left wtf?
results were FRONT
LF 0.5 RF 0.2 CAMBER
LC 2.5 RC 2.6 CASTER
LT 0.0 RT -0.01
Total toe -0.01
steer ahead 0.00
Rear
LR -0.08 RR -1.0 CAMBER
LT 0.19 RT 0.12
Total toe 0.31
Thrust angle 0.04
The settings are all within range but she is still not going straight what givesthe tires
are in good condition and the bushings look ok i recently changed some of them?
Sorry about the long post but i am ticked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

did you check the brakes to see if they might be hung up on one side and not letting off completely?

the calipers,rotors,pads and brake lines are all brand new.The car stops fine no shaking or pulling(weird) she just wont go straight and yes this is on a level
straight road.I will check today as you suggest. How does the alignment specs look?
I thought rear toe should be at 0.0?

i know my car needs an alignment bad as it tends to pull decently to the right but strangely enough on the freeway it will track fairly straight. i still haven't figured that out but it all started when my cousin helped me swap my front axles so he could have F'ed something up. could be that you might have a bearing about to go out that is binding up enough to pull /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

maybe subframe is tweaked or somehow not straight, long shot could be tire diameter difference, other than that i am at a loss for ideas

mooserage

Staff member
I got mine done and it still didn't seem right too. Eventually I noticed that I had one crushed ball joint. If you are willing, just check all your suspension stuff over real quick and make sure it's all good. good luck.

CP

Why the big differences in camber between the left and right, especially in the rear?

That rear toe is "in spec." But the specs allow for a pretty wide range of settings.

4ws functional at the moment. I am taking the car back
to have them recheck the specs. Although the values were
within range i think they are too far apart like you said
I will add updates later.

CP

Just tell the tech exactly where you want it, not just "in the middle somewhere."

324vr4

What will one need to worry about after removing the 4WS?! Will the alignment ever be satisfactory or will the vehicle always track funny even given the 4WS was deleted correctly? Can someone post the Galant VR4's OEM specs for an alignment...? Thanks in advance!

CP

The car will be much more stable at speed WITHOUT that rear steering garbage. Mine would hunt all over the road before I removed it.

Have you tried swapping your front tires?Put the LF on the right front and the RF on the left front,then drive it and see if the pull goes to the other side or if it is eliminated.If so,the problem is with the tires.Some tire shops can balance your tires and check the road force each tire has.The machine will tell you where to place each tire for the least amount of pull or the least amount of vibration.If you have directional tires you can only rotate front to back so this won't help.

656of1000

I agree with jkvr4- swap the front tires. That's the easiest way to eliminate a possible cause.

The LR camber seems way out. -0.08 is within spec? If I remember correctly, the rear camber should be around -1.2. Rear alignment does have a lot to do with how the car tracks.

Another possibility is the tire shop's alignment rack is out of calibration. If you're willing to drive to SE Pennsylvania, I'd be happy to align it for you. I know our machine is good!

BoostedAWD91

Rotate ur tires front to back on both sides, that should take care of ur pull. its normal for a car to still pull to a side right after alignment, alot of the times u just have to rotate tires to correct

tires are directional and yes i had them do a tire rotation albeit front
to back only. Thanks for all the help. New problem with rebuilt transmission
stuck in 3rd gear damn vr4's. Back to the shop that rebuilt it goes again. Should have gone to dogboxracing, live and learn and I am going to cry a lot with this car lol. Any ideas i just had it rebuilt with fresh new parts wtf. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts