The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

switched +12V tap

Trying to install a water injection system. Instructions call for tapping into a +12V line switched on with the ignition. Need a suggestion for a good easy to get to line or terminal under the hood where I can do that? Lame question I know but I'm tired and drawing a complete blank right now. Thanks.
Mike R.

powerplay

Mike, follow the wire down from the "On" position of the ignition switch. You can see several wires at the fuse block where you can tap your line.

I used the fuelpump test wire on the firewall to pull a relay in that turned the power on to my WI pump. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CP

^^^Which one is THAT? I acidentally tapped the yellow wire to the radi oand it is aparently constant power. My batt and gauge don't like that.

I actually ended up tapping off the hot side of an empty fuse slot in the underdash fusebox.
Mike R.

CP

I'm already doing that for my WBO2 unit and V1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't think I've got any extra empty fuse slots.

CP

Is it the blue one (from the car) w/ the white dots on it?

I had tapped into the yellow wire in the middle harness (w/ the blue wire nut) and it was constant batt power, so my coolant temp gauge was active when the car was turned off...doh.

Quote:
I'm already doing that for my WBO2 unit and V1 I don't think I've got any extra empty fuse slots.

What's a V1?
You might be able to make a lead off the fuse slot with multiple pigtails that could support several items if they don't draw a lot of current.
Mike R.

CP

Radar detector...Valentine One.

Any tips about the blue wire?

Last edited:

Gordian79

I have a similar question.Is there any switched 12v near the battery i need to wire up my fans.maybe in the pass fuse box?

Gordian79

Its a whole big mess thats why im using the painless wiring relay kit.maybe i can use the abs fuse since i dont have them anymore.is that circuit switched?

CP

^^^^Ooo, good idea: the ABS fuse...but isn't that in the engine compt fuse block?

Gordian79

^^^^yea it is.I want to keep the wire runs to a minimum so that would be a good spot for fan relay.

CP

So, back to that blue wire behind the radio...?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts