The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Error code P300

Has anyone ever gotten this code after a 6 bolt swap bolted to a 2g head in a 7 bolt car?

atc250r

Staff member
That's a misfire code. I think its common with 6 bolt swapped 2G's. Sorry, that's all I know about it. Check the VFAQ, I think they have info on it.

John

That's one big reason my 2G chips are so popular, they fix the Random Misfire MIL. You can also do it by lowering the BARO voltage with a pot until it is below the threshhold where the ECU will check for a misfire, as per Magnus' site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
See page #10:
Magnus 1G-in-a-2G

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I think misfire detection is accomplished by the ECU measuring the crank angle sensor rotation against the CAS rotation. If there is a difference, it assumes misfire.
Thus, if the crank angle sensor is no longer there, it can't do this.

Jeff, what signal do you manipulate to eliminate this, the baro sensor like you said or something else?

Last edited:

If you read the Magnus link, you'll see that the ECU bypasses the Misfire Check if several sensor parameters aren't met. The easiest one to manipulate, without causing other MILs or issues, is the BARO. You can run the voltage just far enough out of spec for the Misfire Check to be bypassed without causing an MIL for the BARO using the pot. However, this also leans the AFR out slightly, which can cause issues. So, I simply change the code to ALWAYS bypass the Misfire Check. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned