The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

COP data for the ones that own them or want them.

curtis

from anything goes

I just wanted to make an update and not be lost in the shuffle. I just tightened up the gap on the Bpr8's and haven't driven yet but I did do some measurements with the meter.

The aluminum rod with two steel springs measured 1.7 ohm's
The aluminum rod with one steel spring measured 1.6 ohms's
The soild spring that some of you have measured 7.5 ohm's
the aluminum rod with one spring and a piece of copper wicking wire (its the stuff that looks like stainless steel braided wire) inside the spring so to touch the aluminum rod and the plug top. .4 ohm's
The solid spring with the wicking wire through the middle of the spring. .4 ohm's of course.

Less resistance better current flow better flow better spark all at once etc. I'll post up if any improvements are noticed.

The braided wire I got from inside of an old computer monitor its what grounds the screen inside. I know "damn you a pack rat" but I don't throw anything away I can use. Why throw away a circuit board full of good parts. Keeps me from visiting radio shack and paying a buck for a resistor but also keeps me from blowing the afternoon driving across town.

Here's a picture.

CP

I think my 300 boots are solid, from the bottom of the boot all the way to the coil (one big piece of rubber), so I'm wondering how you got the rod out.

Where can those of us who don't have basements and attics full of Marvel Comnics and packages of unopened Star Wars figures find that braided stuff...Radio Shack? What's the technical name for it? Did you just stick it inside the spring, or solder it to the rod end as well?

JNR

^^^I've got a roll of it laying around, although I am not sure if it's the proper size...do you have any dimensions, Curtis? I can measure it to see if it's the right size...Off the top of my head, I want to say it's ~3/8", so may be too large.

Have you tested copper rods yet, for its resistance?

teet

Quote:
I think my 300 boots are solid, from the bottom of the boot all the way to the coil (one big piece of rubber), so I'm wondering how you got the rod out.

my 300 coils...from a 2.7...with springs all the way through...the boots do pull off...you gotta pull firmly but they will come off.

john

curtis

Sorry been at the junkyard. Its .175 inches. It really wouldn't matter unless its just a single strand or wire. I've accually thought about home electrical wire and twist 4 or 5 pieces together then solder on a spring and solder on a piece of this but I really don't think I can get the resistance down much farther. And no I didn't solder it I just stuffed it in the spring at close to the right lenght that way it will crush some and want loss contact.

By the way the plugs are now at .028 and boost is at 22 the off idle seams to be better and the drivibility has improved that or stay in a holiday inn express last night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned