The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cherry picker attachment points?

Terry Posten

First time pulling anything less than 8 cylindars. I have always used carb plates to attach to.

My motor still has the intake, exhaust, and tranny. The front still has the alt.

I have a puller that only has a hook. I am going to Farm & Fleet in the morning to get a section of chain. Is 3 feet in chain long enough?

I need to know what is the best thing to bolt onto. The bracket that was on the TB to head is long since gone, so that is out.

Where is the best place to connect to?

Thanks in advance.

Still got the pull mount on the exhaust manifold? I use to just wrap it through the intake manifold and exhaust manifold.

Terry Posten

Interesting idea about dropping it out the bottom.

Is the crank angle senor stud (the back/bottom one) strong enough? I think I will try the top front motor mount attachment (2 bolts next to the exhaust mani) and the back/bottom CAS stud. A couple foot long chain acrossed those 2 points should give me enough hook placement to adjust the angle as needed to wiggle it out.

If that fails, maybe I will drop the lower cradle and drop it out. I do have a complete set of wheel skates that I used on my vette that I could set the motor on and roll it out.

If theres no throttle body to cas bracket, I would wrap it around ~2 intake manifold runners. If theres no hook on the exhaust manifold, you can unbolt the 2 m10 studs just about the power steering pump, and use 2 fender washers and bolt the chain on there.

Make sure you get a chain with 2 clevis hooks on the ends (one on each end). After doing farm work and just about every other random thing you can do with a chain, you really need those to make the chain versatile. If the chain doesnt come with them, you can bolt them on the ends, but if your going to spend the money, do it right so you can use the chain for other things. You can get chain for cheap at harbor freight but just like everything else theres different grades. Most of the time you cant get the good stuff at harbor freight 90% of what your going to use it for the lower grade will be fine.

When I pulled mine I dropped the trans out the bottom, then I bolted the chain to one of the bellhousing holes in the back of the motor, and the other end of the chain to the engine mount bracket on the timing belt side of the motor. Worked beautifully.

I think its easier to pull the engine and tranny together.. But maybe thats just me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts