The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HELP! MPU relay keeps blowing!

red wire 107 on back of computer to o2 sensor got grounded( melted to exhaust manifold) pin 107 has 526 ohms, is it still grounded? I keep replacing the 20v fuse and it keeps blowing every time i start up the car.... ANY SUGGESTIONS? BAD ECU?????? HELP!!!!

So, what you really mean is that your MFI relay FUSE keeps blowing under the hood, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
526 ohms actually sounds quite high for the O2 heater circuit, far from shorted. Its certainly not enough to blow a fuse.

yeah thats it... we pulled the ecu and has a slight burn near a capacitor... SO im pretty sure i need an ECU, NON EPROM

Quote:
SO im pretty sure i need an ECU, NON EPROM

There is no such thing as a NON-EPROM GVR-4 ECU. You *can* use a DSM NON-EPROM, but the MAS is different in a DSM, so you will run lean at idle and lower speeds. The TRIMs should adjust it out after a while though. You can use any 5-speed 1991-1992 DSM Turbo ECU. The A/T's have different injectors, and the 1993-1994 cars have more emissions stuff.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts