The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dual walbro setup

Looking to do a dual walbro in-tank setup and i was wondering if I could use a -6an ss hose as my feed for the fuel rail?

Rausch

with 2 pumps, i would say run 8an, and use the 6an as a return. are you planning on running the pumps straight to the rail?(with a filter) or are you plumbing to a swirl tank or something???

cheekychimp

I was told there wasn't enough room to run two walbros in tank although I believe the guys at extreme did find a way to do it. I think if I did it I would run a swirl tank and put the second pump in that.

I remember Bimm designing a twin pump setup. Get with him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Larry Parker

Lotsa rally cars run twin bosch pump setups... I need one!

LP

U don't want to run any pumps parallel as they will be working against each other. The best way is to run them in-line. Twin walboros one intank 255hp and other 255 inline should support 800whp without a problem. As it goes for the 6an return line its worthless since its the same size as the stock one.

Now I'm confused. Why wouldn't you want to run them in parrallel. I would think that running them in series would be worse than any pressure it would see from the parallel setup. I'm sure it may flow a little more than a single 255 but more than if they were plumbed parallel into a properly sized line?

-Josh

blacksheep

buschur just came up with a twin walbro system for the Evo - One is in the tank, the other is inline. Check Evom.net for details - search for buschur fuel system

If you run them in parallel, aka "y'ed" into one line for our less mechanically inclined, the net gain of the second pump is something like 40LPH. The better way to do it, its to basically start with a hacked or completely new fuel pump assembly. Run 2 wallys in tank, two dash 6 lines to each side of the rail, and regulate them through the middle (between injector 2 and 3), and return.

I was talking to someone today and they told me that the proper way is to have two walbro pumps and have each come out of the tank with two -6an lines one one side of the rail and the other to the other side of the rail and then have it regualted in between 2&3 that way all injectors get the same pressure but my question is how do i get a regulator between two and four like the post above stated. would i have to drill weld a weld on bung in between 2&3 and go from there to the regulator? He also told me that another way is to have one line go from the pump to the normal feed point on the rail and the other to the regualtor inlet and then from the other regulator inlet to the rail. Does that make any sense, cause i am a bit confused. He says i could get away with that but once again its not the proper way its done. By the way i have a sx adj regulator and will be getting a aftermaket rail like a Florida/fuel injector clinic rail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quote:
Could be? It sure as heck looks like a walbro..

Are you going on the picture from their website? It doesn't actually say that this is a "modified" 255 to run more it just says... "This is made specially for Buschur Racing. This fuel pump is for the enthusiast that needs more fuel than a standard Walbro 255 can provide. This is a true drop in just like the standard Walbro. At 100psi of fuel pressure this pump flows 50% more fuel than the Walbro 255."

I have heard form a couple people that all it is is this bosch pump...

Bosch Motorsports Fuel Pump # 0 580 254 044 Price: $225.00 USD

This is the popular Bosch Motorsports "044" fuel pump, as used by Japanese European & Australian tuner shops, JGTC cars, Touring cars, almost all WRC cars, and many more. Quite possibly, the most popular aftermarket fuel pump. Capable of providing 300 LPH free flow and 200 LPH at 5 bar (or 72.5 psi) for up to 685 BHP. In comparison, the Walbro GSS341 255 "high pressure" fuel pump can support 390 BHP Note: Values calculated at 12V, 3 bar (43.5 psi) base fuel pressure, 2 bar (29 psi) boost pressure, 1:1 fuel pressure regulator ratio. These are inline fuel pumps, we recommend they be installed between the factory (or another aftermarket) in-tank fuel pump, and the fuel rail. These may be installed in the fuel tank, but some custom fabrication will usually be required. In addition, feeding these inline pumps with another pump (in series), will boost the output of the Bosch 044 fuel pump even higher.(as quoted from www.jayracing.com)

Quote:
I was talking to someone today and they told me that the proper way is to have two walbro pumps and have each come out of the tank with two -6an lines one one side of the rail and the other to the other side of the rail and then have it regualted in between 2&3 that way all injectors get the same pressure but my question is how do i get a regulator between two and four like the post above stated. would i have to drill weld a weld on bung in between 2&3 and go from there to the regulator? He also told me that another way is to have one line go from the pump to the normal feed point on the rail and the other to the regualtor inlet and then from the other regulator inlet to the rail. Does that make any sense, cause i am a bit confused. He says i could get away with that but once again its not the proper way its done. By the way i have a sx adj regulator and will be getting a aftermaket rail like a Florida/fuel injector clinic rail.

You dont nec. need to weld a bung on. If you have an aftermarket rail, or even a stock rail for that matter you can drill and tap it for an AN fitting and use rubber or steel braided from there.

Larry Parker

Thats the pump I run in my rally car...

LP

On our shop evo (546whp) We have a 255 HP that pumps up to a surge tank that sumps an engine compartment bosch 044, into a rail.

Supposedly one of the shops good friends has made over 900bhp on audis with the bosch pump in a formation similar.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts