The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

90 Oil Cooler Mounting Location

Hey guys, I was wondering where everyone is mounting their '90 oil cooler. I have the complete setup and I am frustrated that the lines are too short to mount the cooler on the passenger's side. Currently, it's mount between my FMIC and my slim fan. It's way too tight in there and I need to find a better place for it. If it matters, I have a jdm bumper. Any ideas are appreciated.

atc250r

Staff member
Search through some of my old posts. I'm pretty sure in one of the threads someone asked the same question and I posted some pics.

John

jepherz

Staff member
Sounds like you are in the same boat I was when I had a cooler and lines. I eventually just ditched the cooler and lines and made my own. For the added cost, I got brand new parts, lines that I could run anywhere, and I knew that it would cool better than the '90 stock oil cooler. Best of luck to you.

slugsgomoo

not to mention you can be sure nothing bad has ever gone through the cooler/gotten lodged in there, etc.

As coolers are so cheap, I consider them to be an item that gets replaced any time something like spinning a bearing/turbo failure/etc happens. Not worth taking the risk.

Setrab cooler running vertically behind the grille (on the left side as viewed looking toward the car). Ran my own -8 lines across near the bottom of the radiator to a '90 filter base.
Mike R.

quasimondo

If you replace the stock lines with some AN fittings, you can mount that cooler in the same location that the stock intercooler would go, which coincidentally is where the oil cooler sits on the JDM RS models.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts