The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Reading boost from data logger

OK, I read this from an old (2004) thread from another DSM web site I can't find again. They weren't very clear on the how to part. Anyway, they talked about reading boost using the 1.8 version and either a 2.5, 3.0 GM map or a Motorola chip connected to something they called an EGTR or EGRT connection. Can anyone elaborate on this. As soon as (if) I get my data logger running, I would like to have this option. Forgive me if I'm behind the curve, but this is life in Alaska. I did a search to no avail, so all the help I can get would be very much appreciated. I'm an old fart and not very computer literate.

steve

Check on the 3si website, thats where it was written up.

Do a search for +MAP +log +EGR:
Basically:
1) you connect +5 volts and ground to a GM 3-bar MAP sensor.
2) The middle pin, if I recall, is the variable output, which you connect to pin #15 of the ECU.
3) Use Pocketlogger or MMCD to log boost on the EGR Temp probe.

quasimondo

That connector is for the EGRT. On Federal ECU's (any ecu that didn't have California emissions), that connector is not used. It's still active though and will still read a 0-5v input.

Quote:
Thanks. They mentioned a connector by the intake manifold.

My 1991 GVR-4 does NOT have that connector, or even a wire in the ECU harness. My 1992 had the connector taped up behind the aircan, if I recall.

Thanks again gents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Mines a 92, so i'll see if i have the connector. If not, pin 15 it is.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts