The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

MMCd Logger

Since we were begining to take over the other thread...

Available MMCd forks that I know of...

v1.5d available from the SF page...
http://mmcdlogger.sourceforge.net/

v1.71.x available from Andrew Shin's page (based on an older Clint Batters fork)...
...this is what I used as a basis for my project as it appears to be the newest publically available source code...
http://www.ecimulti.org/mmcd/

v1.8g WITHOUT sourcecode from Clint Batters (longer playing nicely with the GPL)...
http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=203226
http://my.fit.edu/~sschaefe/MMCd/

Also...it would appear that MMCd was pulled apart in an attempt to make it multi-vehicle compatible. Seperate display format and communication modules? I can't read Russian...and it's a much older fork (even though it's v2.2.2).
http://sh093.meditprofi.ru/

I'm waiting for responses to a post on the DSM-ECU list before I release/host my updates to Andrew's fork...

As far as what you'd need to get started playing with the code? Depends on what platform you're coding in. I run Linux, so my experiences may differ a bit...but all I needed was the Palm v5 SDK, the Handspring SDK (not so easy to find...and not really necessary except for one line of Handspring compatibility code), GNU GCC, PRC-TOOLS, PiLRC, and POSE (Palm simulator for testing).

Some changes I've made...
MMCd_prefs.gif
ECU_settings.gif

I saw a lot of potential for MMCd as a starting point for a configurable ECU project...which is the reason for the ECU Settings dialog. The ECU Settings menu is waiting on another post to the DSM-ECU list before I make it functional...but a configurable ECU setup is well within the scope of the E931 image project (maintaining factory compatibility, of course). But that's another discussion for another list...

powerplay

I have read your posts on DSM-ECU. I certainly support your effort to tailor this program more to the DSM world. I wish I could help you in your efforts. I am at a loss with code and am only just beginning to understand the basics with the help of the members on the DSM-ECU forum. There are many members on here who are well versed in the ECU code. Some are members of DSM-ECU as well. I hope you can follow this through and please keep us informed. As has been stated many times by the members here, after having the caps. released in the ECU, the next most important modification is a logger. Thank you for your efforts.

+1 on the How-to. Looks like you've made some handy changes to the program. I too have been a fan of the MMcD program and would love to see some updates. I wonder if I would be able to peck away at some code.

-Josh

Hertz

Staff member
I've got a ton of convenience mods in mind and I would really like to help out with getting the iQue compatibility going. I'm directionally challenged so I would be in geek heaven with GPS and a logger.

...I could use a few testers... Preferably have used different loggers (looking for insight). A warning, though...my sensor list is rearranged, so it's *NOT* compatible with the logs from older versions of MMCd...and that will change again before very long as there is lingering proprietary hardware support in the sensor list... The sensor order is one of the things I'd like some consensus on before releasing, as it's sorta set in stone for the near future...

If you're willing to test, just reply here and I'll PM info tomorrow...

I'll also post specifics on SDK's and such then...I know it's more fun to play when you can get your hands dirty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Need sleep...will post more tomorrow...

slugsgomoo

i'm interested. Also interested to find out if you have any opinions on how hard the code is to work with, especially since you went from palm to handspring. Obviously you're a linux guy, but given what you've gone through now, what kind of difficulty do you think it would be to port this to .NET (windows mobile devices, laptops, etc). I'm more interested in that, than anything else. I'm not great at it, but I happen to work for a .NET dev shop, so i can wrangle some help that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I really like where this is going. I hope it all works out.

As far as the ique thing. I have put myself in a position where I could no longer work on the project. I have passed it on to s_firestone. He is more capable than myself. I'm sure he would gladly accept any help offered though.

powerplay

John,

I would be happy to help by testing. It does not matter to me if the new version is not backward compatable. All of my previous logs are sent to the PC and saved as Excel spreadsheets. I am presently using Ver. 1.8 and 1.71 on a Palm Vx.

powerplay

Thanks Shawn!
I have bookmarked those sites and I will read all of the information.

DarkDevilMMM

I have been thinking to rewrite everything in WinCE version or windows mobile edition. Since palm is dying and most of the smart phone nowadays start to use the mobile edition. it would be cool if we can just use our cell phone to log, or some newer device that's on the market. but hey, I am always thinking, can't really get my lazy ass off. anyways, hope u all succeed, don't be as useless as I am.

Quote:
I have been thinking to rewrite everything in WinCE version or windows mobile edition. Since palm is dying and most of the smart phone nowadays start to use the mobile edition. it would be cool if we can just use our cell phone to log, or some newer device that's on the market. but hey, I am always thinking, can't really get my lazy ass off. anyways, hope u all succeed, don't be as useless as I am.

Yes, the Palm is pretty much dead...but that makes them cheap (err...affordable?) on eBay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And I don't know about logging on my cell phone...it's too small to be useable for me...although I certainly dig the geek factor.

I only wish I had a color Palm...would make multiple graphs easier to read...

s_firestone

I'm willing to test, I have both a Palm M505(color) and the afore mentioned Garmin IQue 3600. I also have the full MAX232 TTL to RS-232 circuit installed in the car. I may also have a Tungsten I can obtain to test.

Last edited:

s_firestone

Quote:

Also...it would appear that MMCd was pulled apart in an attempt to make it multi-vehicle compatible. Seperate display format and communication modules? I can't read Russian...and it's a much older fork (even though it's v2.2.2).
http://sh093.meditprofi.ru/

Ran that page through Babelfish, if the link doesn't work go to Babelfish on Altavista and translate the url from russian to english.
Translated MMCd page on sh093.mediprofit.ru

StreetThisVR4

I would also be willing to test, I don't have a nice palm but it works fine with the old version of MMCD that was on it when I got it. It should probably work, and I love the idea of a stutter-box and anti lag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

Rausch

i'd also be happy to test. i have used every version thus far, and have been excited about what will come next. my input may be minute in comparison to some of the more technical minded, but there are some things that i would like to see changed. i'm open to almost anything at this point...just would like to be of some help... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyone know where else I might be able to download the 1.8 version? I want to be able to log boost! I have tried to join the 3si.org site, but it will not allow me to use my e-mail address.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned