The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cruise control not working

jepherz

Staff member
I would like to get this figured out before the meet in a few weeks.... I checked Keydiver's how-to, and according to his symptoms the right light on the column lever goes out. My situation is just that the red light stays on, but the button to set the speed does nothing. I already checked the continuity of the button and yes, it is working. What other things should I be looking for? Maybe busted relays or something?

jepherz

Staff member
The green light never comes on though. So it isn't the vacuum line I wouldn't think.

Terry Posten

There is a vehicle speed sensor under the dash next to the steering column that was what wasa wrong with my cruise. It was unplugged.

I could be wrong here but does your speed sensitive wipers work? I think it works off the same speed senor.

V8EATER

If the VSS is bad, it will throw a code.

Mine is bad, but the light on the stalk comes on. The light on the dash doesn't.

Andy

I believe there is a fix for that somewhere on this site. Something about taking apart the circuit board that controls it and cleaning it up a bit.

It is easy to pull codes from the cruise control computer, if I recall. But, I suspect that what the others are saying about the speed sensor is probably your problem. The code won't give you a CEL, but you will read it with a logger/scantool.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned