The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel pump part #s , and where to buy.

I think my fuel pump is down for the count. I replaced the ECU, car still will not start. I have spark, but no fuel. I confirmed this by pulling the return line off the fuel rail, and it is bone dry. I do not hear the fuel pump running in the trunk area. BTW, the car has been sitting for at least 2 years. I called around to parts stores, but they don't carry WALBRO or DENSO. If anyone knows of an auto parts chain store that carries these brands, and you have the part #s. I'm looking for the bigger pumps 255lph. Thanks

GVR4Doug

GSS341 is the part number for the Walboro pump. Not too sure you can get it local but you can pick them up on ebay for a good price and get faster shipping...

ebay has walboro pumps or theres a couple of members with good shops on here im sure you could score one cheap from them also.

Bringing this back from the dead for clarification; no sense starting another thread.

I know that a 1G kit will work, but I don't want to do any bending. Is it confirmed that a 2G pump is exactly 180 degrees off the 1G pump? If so, if I order a 2G pump with a 1G install kit (like someone suggested in the above linked thread), it should bolt right up, correct?

The sending unit and gas tank in my car are brand new, so I would prefer not to cut things up in case I want to put the car back to stock.

GSS342- 2G Walbro pump
1G install kit

Super noob question, but for the above reasons, I would prefer to get this right.

~Mark

Before you get a new fuel pump, i suggest you first give the old pump energy by straight wire from the battery to confirm it is the problem. Connect the electric power on the black/white wire on the fuel pump cover. If it does work then check the blue big fuse next to the air filter under the hood, it might be just a damaged fuse, i've got 3 different fuel pumps damaged and all of them never died suddenly, they start to failure at high RPMS and during long trips, at least 2000 miles before they died.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

I brought the thread back from the dead to clarify a question on if the 2G pump was a straight bolt up with the 1G install kit; I hope the original poster figured out his problem!

In case anyone cares, I took the walbro fuel pump out of my GF's 2G talon for a fit up. It bolted right up, so I ordered the pump and 1G install kit from FP.

~Mark

Galantvr4.org Search Engine Optimization: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
GSS342 -2G Walbro 255lpg hp fuel pump
1G install kit

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts