The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Installed a 300ZX TT fuel pump and my car runs finally

Well I picked up the new tank a few weeks ago and decided to install it this last weekend and picked up the intermediate rubber hose I had made this past week. The only fuel pump I had worth putting in was a 300zx TT fuel pump, I used in my old KA-T setup in my old 240sx. With a little bit of rigging I made it work. I removed the bottom bracket that hold the bottom of the pump and bent the bottom a little. Soldered the positive and negative wires. I then swapped the stock filter on to the 300zx pump because it didn't look to bad and the 300zx filter touched the bottom of the tank. I put in a few stainless steel zipties and nylon zipties to hold the pump firmly in place. It took a little effort to get the massive pump into the small opening in the tank but it eventually fit. Everything is installed and I fixed a few blown fuses, put in my new battery, my friend brother replaced the caps on my ECU, did a tune up, fixed the firing order. Now my Galant VR4 runs, it has some minor problems that need to be addressed but it runs decent, stops, etc.

Here is a comparison pic of the stock pump vs. the 300zx TT fuel pump.
3181PIC000181-med.JPG

toybreaker

iconoclast
I *believe* that's a pulsation dampner...

IncorpoRatedX

Wow nick, i didnt realize the pump was THAT friggin big when you called me bitching about how you had to cram it in there. I thought maybe you nissan guys just werent used to putting big things in little holes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts