The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

transfer case rebuild part number?

I remember reading a post with the part number, but I just can't find it. The closest dealer to me is like an hour so i have to use the internet. Can someone help me?

Do you mean the PN for the driveshaft yoke? So it stops leaking, or do you want to rebuild the X-fer itself? FYI I didn't see an x-fer rebuild kit in CAPS.

Sorry I missed your reply. I got the above kit and it turns out I didn't need it. I do however need to rebuild the x-fer case (just the seals and what not). Can you help me with those part numbers? So far I have found three things:
MD723202 Oil Seal
and 2x MF520414 O-ring

I think there are a few gaskets and other things I need, but I can't find part numbers.

Just ask a Mitsu parts dept. - they know the recall parts# for the yoke kit. It's different than what is in CAPS and much, much cheaper than buying the individual parts. I just did this last year and the yoke kit was ~$44.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Paul,

You could try ordering the repair kit that was offered for the transfer case recall. It states it contains front and rear oil seals, o-ring and dust cover. Part number is MD772214.

The only other part available was the yoke, short of a complete transfer case.

boostx

i am going to do mines soon
are the dealers stilling doing this recall

Awesome!
Thanks iceman, that was exactly what I needed.

One last question. Anyone know where to get dealer parts for less than $10 shipping? (Like I said above, the dealer is over an hour away.)

Oh, one more question.
The DSMotorsport website sells the recall kit like this:
Quote:
Includes new yoke (that shouldn't leak!) and the front driveshaft joint, seals, and C slips.

Are the seals mentioned there supposed to be the same front and rear oil seals as mentioned in the part number iceman gave me?

Also, iceman, you are much better at this part number look up thing than me, but that part number MD772214 is popping up as "Kit+ Overhaul M.t". Is it still the right thing?

Thanks again.

Ted Andkilde

Quote:
Awesome!
Thanks iceman, that was exactly what I needed.

One last question. Anyone know where to get dealer parts for less than $10 shipping? (Like I said above, the dealer is over an hour away.)

If you know anyone with a hookup at the local Chrysler dealer they should be able the parts in using the Mitsu part numbers.

Cheers, Ted

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quote:
Oh, one more question.
The DSMotorsport website sells the recall kit like this:
Quote:
Includes new yoke (that shouldn't leak!) and the front driveshaft joint, seals, and C slips.

Are the seals mentioned there supposed to be the same front and rear oil seals as mentioned in the part number iceman gave me?

Also, iceman, you are much better at this part number look up thing than me, but that part number MD772214 is popping up as "Kit+ Overhaul M.t". Is it still the right thing?

Thanks again.

I think the seals mentioned are the u-jt seals, not for the t/case. The kit description only mentions m/t because there are different ones listed for A/T and M/T versions (remember this covered E38s and TELs too.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Thank you very much.

Tondar

Has anyone actually rebuilt the entire transfer case? Full tear down, new bearings, etc...?
I think I am going to do this soon to my transfer case and would like to talk to someone who's done it.

Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts