The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

5 lug swap, parts needed?

what parts will i need to do the swap? the major stuff is obvious but is there a list somewhere detailing just what is needed? i dont want to end up over looking some odd item.

lunchbox

Front spindles and brake rotors
Rear spindles and brake rotors

Must be from an AWD car.
Must be from an AWD/ABS car if you want to keep the ABS working.
Front rotors must be from a big brake car, or buy new ones.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

The front spindles can be from any TEL, not just the awd models. You have to use your stock knuckles and just press in the TEL spindles w/ new bearings. This is of course if you do not care to keep your abs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

the car already doesnt have abs so it doesnt matter. so i need the front and rear spindles from an awd t/e/l, or the fronts can be from a non awd? the calipers and harware are universal i assume?

lunchbox

The front SPINDLES can be from any DSM but the hubs you can either re-use GVR4 hubs or use a complete set of AWD DSM front hubs.

AWD DSM and FWD DSM use the same spindles but different hubs in front. Sorry for the lack of clarification.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned