The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g upper spring mounts

V8EATER

I installed these last week, and had a question concerning the fit of the spring isolators. Which one does everyone else use, the 1g or the 2g? The 2g isolator fits the mount, but not the spring, and vice versa. Should I trim the 1g isolator to fit the upper mount? I haven't had any drivability issues, but I haven't pushed the car since installation.

V8EATER

I have 1g springs, and the back was a little lower than the front. I have cut the fronts before, and didn't like it, so I put in another uncut front set in and decided to alter the back springs this time instead.

Glad to see this thread. I did the same thing, and my car sits lower in the rear as well. Why do you think this is? Sorry not trying to hijack the thread.

PS what did you do to alter the rear?

Wendy

Last edited by a moderator:

steve

Because the rear springs are too short? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif The 2g upper mount gives it a little bit of a boost.

Hertz

Staff member
I'm wondering if a combination of Evo8 and TEL springs + 2g mounts can make something that is level and performs well for a daily driver... I have the Evo and TEL springs, some day I'll lookup the spring rates and heights and figure something out.

steve

The Evo spring rates are about double what the DSMs are. I wish I had gone with Evo's instead.

^ Ah hell, his car only sits broken outside of his work anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif.

steve

werd, it would look better sitting there with Evo suspension. Honestly the 1g stuff wasn't a huge improvement.

V8EATER

yeah, i'm pretty disappointed as well with the 1g. rolls like a barge in the corners. without swapping struts, do the evo springs bolt in, ala 1g awd springs? I've seen the how to section on the full swap, but i've got some newer struts that i would rather keep.

V8EATER

btw, wendy, i installed 2g upper spring mounts in the place of my 1g/vr4 upper mounts. they are an inch shorter or so, so they jack up the rear of the car to even it out.

steve

Quote:
without swapping struts, do the evo springs bolt in, ala 1g awd springs?

Yup.

atc250r

Staff member
Only the fronts.

John

atc250r

Staff member
Either one. Everyone says the 2G mounts make the back sit 3/4" higher than the stock mounts with the same springs. I'm not so sure about it but that's what they say.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts