The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replacing fluids on my GVR-4

MMCVR4

I'm planning on using BG Syncro Shift II (Part No. 792) on my transmission & transfer case and Redline Heavy Shockproof on the rear differential. How many quarts does the transmission / transfer and the rear differential takes?

271/2000

Last edited:

CP

I'm using a combination of Heavy Shockproof, BG2 and Pennzoil in my tranny right now. My Shep rebuild is going in next weekend, and he said he's starting to like 100% LW shockerproof for the tranny.

For the t-case and rear diff, I'm using Redline 75W90 gear oil with a little bit of heavyweight shockproof thrown in for good measure.

spartan

I just replaced the rear diff and t-case fluids last weekend, I just put in mobil 1 synthetic 75w-90. The rear diff was a pain to fill for me since I didn't have an lift or pit. I got it though, but not before getting some in my eye (that was fun)

Last edited:

powerplay

Thanks Wendy for answering the question.

CP

Thank you Scott for contributing to this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif THIS page (vfaq) may answer some questions about DSM fluids as well.

For rear diff, t-case and tranny refills, I use a 2-3 foot section of clear Home Depot tubing that I can slip the end of a funnel into. On the other end, I've cut a small "V" in the rubber so that it can be squeezed together to fit in the fill holes. That way you can stand up and feed the funnel, instead of drowning in the stuff underneath the car.

Last edited:

JB

Quote:
Thank you Scott for contributing to this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

He has a point Cy. The question was only about the quantities. Not the brand/mix/process of changing them.

powerplay

Thanks Joe. I have about had it with his constant thread jacking.

Scott

Hertz

Staff member
Hey, Thanks to all of you for posting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've never replaced any drivetrain fluids besides tranny. Is that bad?

steve

That depends, are you the original owner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GVR-4

I suggest buying the gear oil pump sold at many parts stores. It's got a long hose and pumps like a liquid hand soap dispenser.

Bimmubishi

Hertz are you trying to Bump this? I think that this forum is your private sociology experiment.

round table et al... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Ted Andkilde

Quote:
I suggest buying the gear oil pump sold at many parts stores. It's got a long hose and pumps like a liquid hand soap dispenser.

I use one of these:

They're less than $10 at any industrial place -- buy a 4' length of clear urethane tubing to go with it.

Cheers, Ted

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts