The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Make my ABS light turn off.

lunchbox

I followed the VFAQ posted here and removed my ABS but for whatever reason the link to get to the other thread about getting the lights to turn off and getting the computers out is dead.

How do I get my Anti-lock light to turn off? I dont want to start randomly pulling and disconnecting stuff. I have my front sensors removed, the pump removed, and a non-ABS proportioning valve from a GGSX and lines installed.

atc250r

Staff member
If you don't go in the trunk and unplug the ABS ECU then the light will stay on. That is for a 1991, I don't know about 1992's.

John

GSNT

Yes removing the computer in the left side of the trunk next to the power antenna will kill the light, not to mention take a few lbs out of the car.

I think you can also remove one of the big fusible links off the battery terminal. But, removing one of them makes your idle faster, the other one kills the light, and I can't remember which is which. I think you need to remove the larger one, like 100 amp.

CP

Or pull your cluster and take out the light itself.

I just got my abs light to turn off last week.
I used the method mentioned by Hertz in the following thread.
web page

But it was the plug that was toward the front of the car instead of the middle one.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

steve

Post that info as a correction to that thread, if you don't mind.

atc250r

Staff member
The light will still stay on if you follow Jeff's idea. The bulb gets power from another source and the ABS ECU grounds the bulb in the dash to turn it on.

John

Done.

Quote:
Post that info as a correction to that thread, if you don't mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled the 60 amp fues and the ABS computer in the trunk but the light stayed on. Unplugging the ABS computer underhood WORKED! Thanks Hertz. It is not the middle plug on my car but the one closer to the headlight. It's the biggest plug with 7 or 8 wires.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned