The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Exhaust from a TEL

Does anyone know for sure what the length difference is between a 1g AWD exhaust and our cars ?

I remember it being covered more than a few times before, hit up that search feature!

I've got a Thermal exhaust from a 1G on my GVR4. The guy I bought it from cut it and lenthened it in I think it was 2 places by about 3 inches in each place. I'll have to get my digital camera and take a few pictures of it, along w/ the rest of the car.

Yes the galant exhaust is about 5 inches longer. Also, the way the dp curves is quite a bit different, if I remember correctly.

out of curiousity how many have their exhaust curve behind the rear diff. ? i think that is what i'm going to do, all i want to know is if you actually gain any ground clearance because i think you would but i may be wrong.

i know people have done it before, and i've seen pics of it on the vfaq but i'm curious about the ground clearance.

thanks

ps: i wasn't going to bring this up because i guess i would just find out after it was done but since someone already asked a ... question i figured it wouldn't hurt

quote:Originally posted by GVR4726:
out of curiousity how many have their exhaust curve behind the rear diff. ? i think that is what i'm going to do, all i want to know is if you actually gain any ground clearance because i think you would but i may be wrong.

i know people have done it before, and i've seen pics of it on the vfaq but i'm curious about the ground clearance.

thanks

ps: i wasn't going to bring this up because i guess i would just find out after it was done but since someone already asked a ... question i figured it wouldn't hurt
My 3" is bent behind the rear diff. and the clearance is sh*t! I can barely fit a fist underneath. But hey, I can't complain for free full 3" turboback exhaust!
wink.gif

I did use the search button, but most everything I found also had contradictary comments about the length.

I just wanted to know more specifically the experiences of people who had bought a TEL exhaust and how much it was lengthened by. I didnt quite ask that, but thats what I wanted to know...from experience, not from them reading other posts which may or may not have been from someones experience.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned