The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ISC Driver

Tuan,
Yes, you can steal an M5269L out of ANY ECU, even a 2G. BTW, Yiuwa is sending me 12 new ones from Hong Kong, so I'll finally have one to send you if you still need it. Sorry.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Barnes

You can replace just the ISC driver on the ECU? I didn't know that.

How do you know it's bad? I have a brand new ISC in my car and it it worked when i had it in #120. Now that it's in #1571 it doesn't work anymore. The only time i see it work is when i turn the A/C on, even then it's only for a second. Do you think the ECU is the culprit?

getboosted

Jeff,

Yes, I do need it. Can you please send me two of them? I have two ECU's with the same problem. Please let me know as soon as you can. Thank you!

I now have new isc, new isc relay and waiting on isc drivers!

-Tuan-
GVR-4 #1421

Quote:
How do you know it's bad? I have a brand new ISC in my car and it it worked when i had it in #120. Now that it's in #1571 it doesn't work anymore. The only time i see it work is when i turn the A/C on, even then it's only for a second. Do you think the ECU is the culprit?

Hey Jayru,

I went through this a while back and here is the information I found. PM me if anything is not clear. web page

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Josh.

So if i'm reading that right 107 controls the ISC and 106 the fps/BCS?

Or can they both just be removed? Do you really just wiggle them until they break off? Finally, this is only nessary if there's evidence of damage?

Sorry for all the questions.

Hey Jayru,

I did not remove them as Keydiver suggested. I unsoldered them (106, and 107) and put the good formerly 106 in 107. As per Keydivers advice I believe you are correct that 106 is for the fps/BCS. Although I think it is 105 and 107 that is for the stepper motor.

I ran my car without anything in 106 for a few days and then re installed one from a parts ecu.

You do not need to remove them to check though. If you set your multi meter to ohm and put the + probe on the most forward (closer to the ecu plug)leg of the chip you want to test (of 104-109)and the - on the last leg.

You only should have to replace these if there is clear damage or they fail the above test.

Kind of confusing ........

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:

stevep

Just for future reference on turbo ECUs:

M5269L low saturation output drivers labeled IC104-IC109:

IC104 is MAF active reset filter (pin 1) (turbo only)
IC105 is ISC coils B1 (pin 7) and B2 (pin 1)
IC106 is Wastegate (pin 1) and Fuel pressure solenoids (pin 7) (turbo only)
IC107 is ISC coils A1 (pin 1) and A2 (pin 7)
IC108 is Purge (pin 1) and EGR solenoids (pin 7)
IC109 is A/C (pin 1) and Fuel pump relays (pin 7)

The pins are the outputs the M5269L driver, matching inputs are 3 and 6.

Steve

Do you still have any of those M5269L's left? What do you want for one. I need one desperately to fix my ECU.

If you've removed your emissions, you could rob the one from IC108, which drives the Purge and EGR solenoids.
Or, you could also rob IC106, which is the BCS and FPR solenoid driver, if you've bypassed them.

Mine is a non-turbo, so I dont even have an IC106. I'm currently looking for a parts ECU, but I would like to find a place where these parts can be obtained.

Mitsubishi usually doesn't sell those parts in the US. They are intended for manufacturers in Asia only, so you need to find a donor board, as you said.

I actually found a distributor in Florida that has these. He has a $50 dollar minimum order however and I am working on a price at the moment. I'll keep you guys updated and let you know if I acquire a bulk order.

Please let me know, and I can split an order with you. I had to buy the last ones from China, and they're almost all gone. I paid $3-$4 each, if I recall.

I would think that Dave Mertz, from DSMLink might also split a batch with us:
[email protected]
The more we buy, the better the price! Hopefully less than the 1844 pieces my Mitsubishi Semi rep wanted though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

holeshotmoe

I would be interested in 4 or 5 too. I found a couple places that had batches of less than 100 pieces but all wanted you to be a business to bid on them (no individuals).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts