The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM Galant VR4 Brake Master Cylinder?

JonnyRHD

Looking for information on whether or not there is a USDM master cylinder that I can swap into a 90' RHD VR4 without remaking or rebending the factory lines. Seeing as they are located in opposite sides of the car I'm not sure if it will be possible or not. If not, does anyone know of a rebuild kit for these? Been having trouble sourcing one stateside.

thomcasey

You would have to compare it to a USDM part to see if they are the same size. If they are, I would think a rebuild kit would work. Also, if the USDM fit, you could just source some stainless brake lines instead of looking to bend/build new ones.

transparentdsm

I know it's a different model, but a v6 master cylinder from a usdm Montero will work in my 4d56t JDM Pajero. Maybe the Galant is the same.

JonnyRHD

Tried a 3000GT VR4 master based on photos and when it arrived it was nowhere near working. Nees to find a solution here pretty quickly. Car has been sitting for two weeks. Bummed.

AllanL

does your rhd vr4 have abs or not?

below are the part numbers for the seal kit...

non-ABS: MB857841/MR235421
ABS: MB928042/MB928459

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts