The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Has this ever happened to you? ( Electrical )

Hi all,

I haven't driven my car for awhile and I was planning to take it to work tomorrow. I haven't driven it in over a month and the last time I went to move it the battery was dead and had to put it on the charger overnight so I thought it would be a good idea to take it for a quick spin this evening. Turns out it was because I got to a stop sign about a mile from my house and out of no where the car just dies. Like I got nothing other than the door lights and they were just barely on. No four ways, nothing. So I call my wife to come give me a hand and after I hang up I open the door and start pushing the thing backwards to get it off the road. I get maybe 4-5 feet and bang all the lights, seat belts and door chimes come back. Starts right up and I drive it home. I only spent a couple minutes under the hood with the car running shaking wires and pulling on connectors to see if I could get it to die again but had no luck.

I'm thinking some stinking rodent got in and chewed on a wire. So my question is, has anyone had a similar situation or any ideas where to start looking? Thanks

CutlassJim

Pull the battery connections off and clean and grease them. Also check the ground stud under the fusebox on the wheel well.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts