The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cad file for camber plates?

tektic

Thank you again. I drew up a pretty decent camber/ caster plate. Does anyone know a good source for spherical bearing plates? The bottom plate with the cup a bearing gets pressed in to it.

I drew up a 5 piece system with off the shelf radial and spherical bearings. It would be easier to get made if I just needed to make the one plate though.

CutlassJim

The plate with the cup/bearing in it is going to be a custom made part. Either that or source one from a manufacturer that will sell just that and design your camber plate to be compatible with it.

thomcasey

If TEIN still has them, they would be a good source. My plates were TEIN, they just got domes from the PO running at full drop and definitely bottoming the suspension out. We found evidence of it from the undercarriage,

AllanL

if anybody has tein or cusco bearing housings for any car, these are universal, I believe.

and will fit.

the drawing i provided for a 6g galant-specific cusco plate.

tektic

I've reached out to a few places for parts an most have just said no. Pretty lame. I guess I'll be looking to make some? I'll try Cusco first. Thanks.

AllanL

maybe G ha some sources of non-Mitsu CUSCO camber plate assemblies..?

just snag the bearing housings...

G

Staff member
Why not buy the cusco camber plates?

thomcasey

FR Sport list them for less than 290 with camber adjustment HERE

tektic

"Caster"

where should I spend my $2 ? Lol

Hey Tom how thick were those tein plates? I want to make sure mine don't dome like that.

Last edited:

thomcasey

1/4 - 3/8 inch in thickness. I think anything will dome if you bottom out the suspension as much as the PO did. We even found dents in the under-body near where the sub-frame mounted, so it saw some serious hits.

tektic

So Here it is. The latest version.

Going to cut them out of 1/8” steel on a plasma table.

The "captive Bolt C" will be tapped with 4 M10 bolts.

There is 10mm of caster adjustment and 40mm of camber adjustment.

They are made to work with a bearing plate I had from a set of mookie 240sx plates.

I'm not very good at constraining my drawings. please excuse the mess.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts