The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Outlander Caliper - Brake line

Dan D

It seems the car is officially too old - even normal replacement parts like rebuilt calipers are hard to find. I've exhausted every outlet I can find to get a reasonably priced rebuilt front, left caliper. Nada. The last one in stock, possibly in existence was DOA with a frozen piston. The bore is damaged on the original so rebuilding doesn't work for me either.

So onto option 5...Outlander calipers. These are readily available and cheap as they are less than 2 decades old but need different lines for the banjo. My plan is to put these on the stock bracket and use stock size rotors so I can still put my wagon wheels back on with snow tires.

Does anyone have a part number for a suitable stainless lower brake line that ideally has the flare on one side and banjo on the other to take the place of the now flare/flare lower line? Does it exist? Something from a different car maybe? Or - is there an acceptable adapter that someone has proven can fit on the caliper without interference?

Thanks!

thomcasey

EVO VIII lines should work. I think the 2g GSK lines are also the same banjo/flare type. The EVO Brembos use the banjo bolt line, they bolted right up to the stock lines

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Dan, I have some stock calipers that I believe to be good if interested. I can check them for operation if you are. They have been in my storage for at least 7 or 8 years, not sitting outside. They came of the car James Foster has now when it was being built by Brett (user Vapid) back around 2010 or so.

Dan D

Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on it but first I'll see if I got a lucky. Some phone calls yesterday and I found one in stock. If it shows up and is correct and functional I may be out of the woods. If not, I'll pm you about the one you have.

Dan D

The front caliper is good!

The rear caliper is bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

A1 Cardone must imply that your car is "done" for. What crap! First a frozen piston on the front rebuilt caliper. I went to fill and bleed the system and the rear rebuilt caliper starts pissing out the parking brake arm. I took it apart hoping only the oring was missing or damaged because I have an extra rebuild kit. O-ring was torn alright. Why? Damn roller bearing assembly was shredded. Bits of mangled bearing cage sticking out into the bore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I should have used the original failed part as excuse enough to go full on custom Wilwood and moved on with life. Who knew taking the "easy" road and putting stock replacement parts would be the nightmare.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Weeeeelllllll, I have a very nice pair of rear calipers, if interested... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts