The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel injector connectors

G

Staff member
I remember seeing a connector that didn't have those wire retention clips but I forgot what car they were from. I think they just were a push tab/lock. Anyone remember?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That's what I used to update both my GVR4s.

gvr4ever

I haven't done the conversion yet. Should have when I changed the injectors last.

click

4Grim

7g 97-98 shared the same injector clips as the 2g's did.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I strongly suspect these are and having worked on Caravan's with these same injector connectors, Caravan injector connectors - quick release style.

Mine came from Ebay and had some portion lightly sanded so no one would know the OEM the came from. They were cheap, so I bought them right away because I wasn't aware of
the pick and pull yards in my area anymore (which were around unbeknownst to me just a 20 min drive away).

bradrs

I've got them if you are interested in new ones:

click

These are a good match to the 2G ones found in 97-98. Mitsu only used these for a couple years before going back to the earlier style. I probably would use the earlier style connector if I was doing a harness, but I've had enough people ask about them that I sourced them.

G

Staff member
Can you sell me 6 with pigtails?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I believe this was discussed on a old thread here, but if you are using the genuine Mitsu 2g type, you can de-pin the terminals from the 1g style and insert them in the 2g. No need to cut/splice etc in this case. The terminals don't seem to fit exactly the same, but well enough I have never had any connection issues or pin-push out.

Brad, do you know if they actually use different type pins from 1g--> 2g?

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting bradrs:
I've got them if you are interested in new ones:

click

These are a good match to the 2G ones found in 97-98. Mitsu only used these for a couple years before going back to the earlier style. I probably would use the earlier style connector if I was doing a harness, but I've had enough people ask about them that I sourced them.

Mentioned your products just a day or two ago, to a guy trying to get his 1.5L Mitsu running - same 1G style connectors due to identical Denso connections.
He said he was wiggling his connectors and he got the car to fire, so I have him checking for the green death. Anyways, I try to send people towards your connectors whether direct or through the companies you supply.
Thanks for popping in Brad!

bradrs

Quoting iceman69510:

Brad, do you know if they actually use different type pins from 1g--> 2g?

They are not the same terminals between the 1G and late 2G style connectors, the connectors are not even from the same manufacturer. Whether or not you can use them, I don't know.

Spoolinup was selling another squeeze type connector that was similar to the 2G, but not the same. You could use the 1G terminals in that. And I think it was a cheaper option.

I've seen the downsides of using the wrong terminal in a connector. Improper terminal retention, poor contact with the mating connector, etc. I would be wary of doing that, but I am sure Spoolinup has done some real world testing on this before saying it is OK.

Before doing that, I'd consider using the 1G connectors, and making a quick release connector somewhere else inline.

Edit: I think the pic that Flying Eagle posted, shows the Spoolinup type of quick release injector connector. It is slightly different than the 2G.

Last edited:

bradrs

Quoting G:
Can you sell me 6 with pigtails?

I don't have pigtails for those available right now, sorry. But I do sell the connectors in sets of 6 for the 3000GT crowd, that is on the website.

Quoting FlyingEagle:

Mentioned your products just a day or two ago, to a guy trying to get his 1.5L Mitsu running - same 1G style connectors due to identical Denso connections.
He said he was wiggling his connectors and he got the car to fire, so I have him checking for the green death. Anyways, I try to send people towards your connectors whether direct or through the companies you supply.
Thanks for popping in Brad!

Thanks, Glad to help where I can.

G

Staff member
I just found some in my stash. I thought I had bought some new ones with pigtails years ago but couldn't remember. Perfect fit for a gt-r.

IMG-2904.jpg

IMG-2914.jpg

IMG-2916.jpg

bradrs

What year GT-R? Must be an older one, because that type of injector connector with the rubber boot extending off the back is a really old design.

G

Staff member
r32.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts