The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Difference in ecu's?

gs300cky

I was just curious if there are differences in ecu numbers? My original ecu was marked 6574e and my new one which was from a manual as well is labeled 7378e. This Is the number printed on the outside of the covers.
Are these still compatible?
Also I noticed that the ecu board itself is marked different which is something else that concerned me.
The last 4 digits went from 989b and the new ecu is 989c
Here's pics of the two different ecu. My original is the one with the key driver chip. The new one doesn't have the chip installed.

Last edited:

gs300cky

Original ECU

NEW ECU

Last edited:

thomcasey

You only included 1 ECU pic for comparison.

gs300cky

I fixed it, thank you for letting me know

FlyingEagle

Staff member
What ECU numbers are you using:

Trying to figure out if you have two actual GVR4 specific ECU's or a combination of GVR4 and DSM 1G 91-94 (90 would be a problem).

You do have resistors in both 129 and 130 locations, which means they are both the same emissions spec if that matters (either Federal or Cali).

If your ECU numbers match something from the listing I have here, and they are GVR4 or DSM 1G 91-94, then I believe you are plug and play with that chip?

Am I wrong guys?

Click me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts