The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Caster adjustments

tektic

I'm wondering if anyone is using DSM camber plates for this purpose.

I'd like to get more castor as it seems this reduces the need for static camber while improving tire contact area throughout a turn.

I will be using evo struts and swift springs. Plan is to make shims to correct the positive camber associated with these struts with an upper camber bolt. Wondering what clearance issues I'll be dealing with.
Something like this
img.php

Would be awesome.

This is the BMW strut mount I measured.

Last edited:

tektic

Finally got around to do more measuring and turns out these bolts are too close together for our chassis. Will be looking at other options.

EHmotorsports

I use DSM camber plates for caster adjustment. I was able to get 4.2 deg of caster using them. I have a cambered upper bolt for the lower strut mounting to get my -2.5 deg of static camber. handles real nice.

EHmotorsports

I just have D2 coilovers at the moment. much better options available but its what i had to work with at the time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts