The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo inlet gasket?

Iggy

I'm in the process of putting my turbo back on but the gasket kit that I have has a really weird looking gasket. One of them is centered in the same diameter as the manifold outlet , but the other one is smaller and offset. I'm pretty sure that's the one that goes on the turbo but is it normal? Seems weird that it will be smaller and offset and not directly in line. I just want to make sure I'm. Or doing something wrong here.

Iggy

So do I just need the normal looking one?

belize1334

Don't use a gasket with a hole that is smaller than the diameter of the parts you're mating. It will restrict flow and eventually the gasket will come apart and the bits will get sucked into the works. So, yes, you want the one on the bottom.

Here's a general rule: With cars as old as ours that had as many "sister" cars with slight variations, you will often come across parts that look *almost right* but clearly don't fit. In these cases you just have to apply common sense. If it looks wrong, it usually is wrong.

Iggy

I figured the smaller one wasn't right, but when I took my turbo off I remember it having two gaskets. Which probably means whoever put it on last must have made the same mistake I almost made.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts