The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What do you lube your coilovers pillow balls with?

Nebraska

Read a few different things around the web like lithium grease or wd40. What has worked for you guys because I don't want to damage mine!

transparentdsm

I had gotten a set of old ksport from Justin Warren and I used on blaster on those and on my new Megan's I have I use white lithium grease every 5k miles, just a little squirt. Depending how bad yours are, you can pull the top hat off and take the ball out, clean it and use Hi-Tech grease like wheel bearing grease and be set for a while..

Nebraska

Blaster as in the penetrating oil? Right on, I didn't know the ball would come out that easily. I currently have some D2 coils and they've gotten many particles from being in the garage so I have to clean them out. Should I dab the grease around the ball and turn the wheel left and right to work it in? Didn't wanna unbolt the lower strut mount to set it in but I guess I will if I have to.

EMX5636

Just be careful. Most liquid lubricants will actually attract dirt/grit and wear the joint out faster. For this, I'd recommend a dry lubricant spray, and wipe off any excess. Another thing to consider is, some pillow ball joints have a thin layer of teflon or other material in the cup so no lubricant is necessary.

Nebraska

Ended up using a few drops of zoom oil. High grade oil seems to do the trick

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts