The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ABS plugs under hood

Nebraska

May be covered in another thread but I could not find it.

My question; Are the 3 plugs near the ABS module ALL connected to the module? I'm trying to get rid of this crap

thomcasey

I believe so. Careful, the two thick (10-12 gauge) white wires are 12v hot all the time

Nebraska

Awesome, thanks.

So what do you guys know about removing the harness from the car side?

CutlassJim

Chopping them off as close to the main harness as possible.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
There may be some older posts on here about guys who unwound the unneeded wires from the loom. Can't remember who off the top of my head.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
By the way, one of those connectors for the ABS is the same as the original alternator plug, Useful to keep if you ever need replacement.

Nebraska

Thanks for the tip. This seems like something to put on the back burner until I can dig deeper.

strokin4dr

I removed all unnecessary wiring in my first VR4, which was mostly ABS and power seatbelt junk. I just started at the parts I was removing and worked my way in. I went to the extreme with even removing every ground wire as far as I could go before running into something else and following other wires back to the ECU or origin connector and de-pinning them . I ended up with a nice 11ish lb box of wires and connectors that I still pull from today when I need to wire things in my other cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It was tedious, but worth it at the time. I promised myself I would never turn my current cars into that much of a project again though!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts