The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ecmlink and meth injection help

cupajoe

I've decided to control meth injection through link using the EGR tab. I know I have the relay all hooked up correctly as when I ground the ground wire it kicks on, yet when I have it plugged into the EGR solenoid plug it won't engage. I either have the wrong plug, EGR is the one near the throttle body correct? or I actually have to directly wire the ground wire to pin 53 at the harness like ECMLINK wiki states. Can someone confirm this?

strokin4dr

What color are the wires at the plug?

cupajoe

Yellow w/ red stripe and yellow w/white stripe.

cupajoe

Where is the EGR plug exactly? Picture would also be great.

I logged the EGR through link and does register the switch when parameters are met, so I'm just not hooked up to the right plug.

cupajoe

Just updating this, after some digging looks like only CA cars had this plug in the bay. I confirmed this by checking the pin out on my ECU and I have an empty slot, so I added a pin out and going to wire it up to that. I'll update when done to confirm it works.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts