The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

High Idle GGSX

18GVR4

I bought a non running GGSX. Swapped the ECU and CAS and it fired up. Drove it around and it runs pretty good. On start up the idle is 2,500. after warm up, it drops down to 1,500. Biss screw all the way in and it will not drop any lower. I blocked off the EGR, checked all the vacuum lines. still 1,500. could the timing be off, or a leak somewhere? Thanks in advance.

strokin4dr

"Biss screw all the way in"

Did you ground the timing connector and adjust it correctly, or just screw it in as far as it'd go?

tombaman

I had this problem the whole time on my ggsx. Start up idle was about 2200 til it warmed up. Then it would go down slightly. Tried adjusting biss screw correctly. Could never get it right. Either really low stumbling idle or a high idle. No in between. It was really weird.

Last edited:

18GVR4

Strokin4dr, I did not have the connectors grounded. I'll try that this afternoon.
Tombaman, did you ever figure it out?

tombaman

Got into the accident before I ever got it figured out. Sorry.

holeshotmoe

Check the wire on the throttle stop switch. If it falls off it will idle high like that, even when warmed up. Notice the blade on this one is short, so the wire falls off easily.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts